FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ebay listing

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Even the majority of US companies shipping within the states do not want cars loaded down with boxes of parts, from what they told me it screws them up when calculating weight. If you're crossing borders then you've got customs inspections and boxes to go through takes longer. Out of dozens of car shipping experiences, I got lucky with loading a car with parts only one time and that was when I shipped my '57 Cadillac from NY to FL last year, we pulled the breaker and told them the truck wouldn't open - I did report the car as weighing 500lbs over curb weight though.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The rules may have changed since 2007, or they may be different across different borders, but when I brought my car into Canada from the US, the shipper/customs broker made it very clear to me that there was not to be "extras" in the car. If an interior door trim panel was off and laying in the seat, ok, but they did not want to see boxes of things elsewhere in the car (trunk or otherwise).

There weren't any spares coming with my car at the time, and the place I bought it was not in the parts selling business, so I didn't challenge it. I would at least clarify what you're permitted to do before investing in a pile of parts. You might still get your car and parts, but the car delivery portion could be delayed and you might end up paying more than you intended to ship those parts separately if someone at customs takes exception to it.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10889 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    soooooo, which one did you buy?
    This one
    http://kurttannermotorcars.com/produ...alifornia-car/
    $28,600. Just on budget landed in NZ on what I inherited from my dad. Going to call it Bruce (BRUCE7 number plate) in memory of him.
    Still have to find the 15% sales tax to pay at the border though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The rules may have changed since 2007, or they may be different across different borders, but when I brought my car into Canada from the US, the shipper/customs broker made it very clear to me that there was not to be "extras" in the car. If an interior door trim panel was off and laying in the seat, ok, but they did not want to see boxes of things elsewhere in the car (trunk or otherwise).

There weren't any spares coming with my car at the time, and the place I bought it was not in the parts selling business, so I didn't challenge it. I would at least clarify what you're permitted to do before investing in a pile of parts. You might still get your car and parts, but the car delivery portion could be delayed and you might end up paying more than you intended to ship those parts separately if someone at customs takes exception to it.
    I have checked with the shipping company and they are happy. I just have to manifest it and declare it for sales tax on it when it gets to New Zealand.
    In reality, I have blown my budget so there would need to be a compelling reason to get any spares.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by alastairmansell View Post
    This one
    http://kurttannermotorcars.com/produ...alifornia-car/
    $28,600. Just on budget landed in NZ on what I inherited from my dad. Going to call it Bruce (BRUCE7 number plate) in memory of him.
    Still have to find the 15% sales tax to pay at the border though.
    That's a nice looking car. Congrats
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I would get DMCCA to sort out the issues before it leaves the US. It will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have checked with the shipping company and they are happy. I just have to manifest it and declare it for sales tax on it when it gets to New Zealand.
    In reality, I have blown my budget so there would need to be a compelling reason to get any spares.
    did you go through with the purchase and did the car make it to NZ?
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Bruce the Delorean

Introducing Bruce The Delorean.
    Most Deloreans are the female gender (temperamental and expensive to maintain). I understand that Bruce's previous owner called her Caitlyn. In reassigning the gender and changing its name, balance has been restored to the universe.
    OR
    My dad (Bruce) passed away 3 years ago. I got some money from his estate. Reduce my mortgage or do something a little exciting/risky. So the car is named after my dad.

Thanks to those in the forum who have assisted. I had Danny at DMC CA do a bit of work and shipped it back to New Zealand. It was pronounced "a good one" on arrival by the guys who were going to get it up to NZ specs.
    I have now driven it a couple of times. It is to be a once or twice a week car.Bruce 2.jpgBruce 1.jpg

My VIN:    4519

Congratulations!

Introducing Bruce The Delorean.
    Most Deloreans are the female gender (temperamental and expensive to maintain). I understand that Bruce's previous owner called her Caitlyn. In reassigning the gender and changing its name, balance has been restored to the universe.
    OR
    My dad (Bruce) passed away 3 years ago. I got some money from his estate. Reduce my mortgage or do something a little exciting/risky. So the car is named after my dad.

Thanks to those in the forum who have assisted. I had Danny at DMC CA do a bit of work and shipped it back to New Zealand. It was pronounced "a good one" on arrival by the guys who were going to get it up to NZ specs.
    I have now driven it a couple of times. It is to be a once or twice a week car.Bruce 2.jpgBruce 1.jpg
    Is that 5368? Did you add the delorean logo to the hood?

So it went from being a Caitlyn to being a Bruce?? Well, I suppose that evens the balance somehow
    Dermot

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    So it went from being a Caitlyn to being a Bruce?? Well, I suppose that evens the balance somehow
    I totally didn't pick up on that until you posted it...lol!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast