FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC Midwest Announcement

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DMC Midwest Announcement

handoffMW.jpg everyoneMW.jpg

Dave and Julee Swingle are pleased to announce the transfer of ownership and operation of DeLorean Motor Company Midwest to Mike and Suzy McElhattan. This has long been our plan of succession and we are happy to realize it. Recent callers may have noticed that both Suzy and Julee have been handling phone calls and orders. Mike and Suzy will continue operation of DMC Midwest as an authorized dealer of DeLorean Motor Company of Texas, at the current location in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Mike has been with DMC Midwest since our doors opened in 2007, most recently as Lead Technician/ Service Manager. We have been working for several months with Mike and Suzy to assure an orderly transition. Many of you have already come to know Mike as he has assisted owners, transported cars, and attended DeLorean Car Shows for many years. Suzy has joined Mike as the new DMC Midwest Business Manager. She brings her 10+ years of business administration experience to the company.

We will be on site and available to assist and support Mike and Suzy as needed during the transition process, and will continue to provide operational support for the foreseeable future. Please continue to support Mike and Suzy as well as you have us.

We would really like to offer a heartfelt thank you to our customer community for the last 9 years of support. This business has allowed us to work with and meet some of the most interesting, fun, and unique people all over the world! We do not plan to disappear from the DeLorean community. Dave will continue to be involved on social media and forums in support of DeLorean Motor Company and the owner/fan community. In fact, we expect to have more time to attend DeLorean events around the country and around the world over the coming years. We are confident that Mike and Suzy will continue to provide the level of service and ethics that our customers have appreciated for the last 9 years.

Julee and I would also like to thank Stephen Wynne and his team for inviting us to “Live the Dream” as part of DeLorean Motor Company.

Ultimately we plan to spend more time with our children and grandchildren both in Illinois and South Carolina. We also look forward to being more involved in the “Dainty Warrior Project” charitable organization in order to support other families dealing with childhood cancer. This project was started in 2014 after our granddaughter’s battle with Retinoblastoma.

Dave also has plans to work on some personal car and home projects that have been deferred for many years. It’s time to remodel the home garage again!

We will also be assisting with ongoing operations of DMC Midwest, so you may still catch us on the phone from time to time. We would also like to extend our warmest best wishes to Mike and Suzy as they take DMC Midwest in to the next 9+ years. We couldn’t have asked for a better working experience and are happy to call them part of our forever family.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Well, congrats to both the Swingles for their forthcoming life of leisure and to the McElhattans for "taking one step forward" in volunteering to serve us for the future. They have huge shoes to fill.

I should have known that the Fiero mug found "during cleaning" was a portent of change
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

It wasn't me who made them retire ... I SWEAR !

LOL

Best of luck guys !!!
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Thank you Dave & Julee for all your help over the past year of me being a new DeLorean owner. You have always been very helpful and willing to go the extra step! Enjoy semi-retirement and good luck To The Future! We will look forward to seeing you at events, on the forum and in the community.
    Mike & Suzy congratulations!!! I look forward to continuing to work with you and the team there.

Brian

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Dave, we are forever grateful for the outstanding service you and Julee have provided the DMC community over the years, and wish you well on this next phase of your lives.

Mike & Suzy, if our first interaction (on the phone this past Friday.... think "Y" Pipe.) is any indication of your commitment to your customers, DMCMW is in very good hands indeed!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6964

Nine years ago I was blessed with the opportunity to work for Dave and Julee Swingle. I am very grateful for the time spent working with them and for the wealth of knowledge and character they have rooted in me. With help from my wife Suzy we have decided to move into ownership of the Midwest location.
    We want to thank Dave and Julee for their trust and for believing in us. Dave and Julee have been exceptional mentors through the years. It is an honor to carry on their legacy. We are committed to keeping the same level of customer service and attention to detail everyone has grown to expect when dealing with Delorean Motor Company Midwest.
    We are grateful to have become friends with so many customers at open houses, while working at the shop, and when transporting their cars. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to build these friendships.
    Thanks so much,
    Mike and Suzy McElhattan
    Lead Technician
    DMC Midwest

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Happy retirement to both Dave & Julee!
    And, best of luck to Mike and Suzy McElhattan for the new adventure
    Just one question please, the aluminum trailing arm will be still available in the future?

My VIN:    3937

Thank you

I'm both happy and sad reading this today.

On one hand, I am thrilled for you to be able to spend more time with the kids and grandkids and each other and all things that matter.

Yet on the other hand, I know how important you both have been to the DeLorean community, and realize there will be a large hole left when you leave.

You were there for me on the very first day I got my car in October 2007. Then a few years into ownership, when we had not yet met in person, you welcomed me into your home as my journey to relocate across the country had a stop in Crystal Lake. And as recently as this morning, I got yet another message from you with some advice on the car.

While I would have been completely lost without so much advice and support to help me with the car over those years, I feel the same way about many additional things that weren't car related.

Both of you are top shelf in my opinion and great people.

While both of you will certainly be missed, you'll forever be apart of this family as well.

Thank you Dave and Julee.

~ Jonathan

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6964

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Happy retirement to both Dave & Julee!
    And, best of luck to Mike and Suzy McElhattan for the new adventure
    Just one question please, the aluminum trailing arm will be still available in the future?
    New batch just come in on Friday. We plan to keep all DMCMW items available and continue to bring new items to the market.

IMG_2732 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2733 (600x800).jpg
    Lead Technician
    DMC Midwest

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCTek View Post
    New batch just come in on Friday. We plan to keep all DMCMW items available and continue to bring new items to the market.

IMG_2732 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_2733 (600x800).jpg
    Wow, that's awesome! Thank you for your answer
    I need to upgrade someday

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast