FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NLA parts tracker

My VIN:    3937

NLA parts tracker

With mention of the possibility of building new DeLoreans came the question of what the effect on NLA parts would be, or what other rare parts would then become NLA? Would Houston remake these NLA parts? What would it do to the part prices?

I thought this thread could be used to track parts which are NLA. Populate it as you see fit.

Here are some that came to mind (some obvious, some not, some just that I went looking for them for my own car and realized they were NLA):

100207 - Left front fender (right front fender currently priced at $618.75; rear quarters at $1,246.86)
    103516 - Auto trans pan gasket (cork)
    108142 - Oil cooler support bracket (for auto trans cars only)
    103512 - Fitting, cooler hose (for auto trans oil cooler)
    109042 - Brake fluid reservoir (as well as 109041 which is the fluid reservoir indicator separately)
    100823 - Steering column lock assembly (which includes the ignition key tumbler)
    101854 & 110436 - Binnacles (black and grey)
    101988 - Steering column canopy, upper and lower
    100622 - Slide release bars (for forward/back seat movement)
    110171 - Trim panel and arm rest (bolster) - there are 8 combinations of early/late VIN style and colour, and 7 of the 8 are NLA

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Don't forget right side hub carriers, these are easily broken when someone takes a hammer to a frozen link bolt. #100470
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Don't forget right side hub carriers, these are easily broken when someone takes a hammer to a frozen link bolt. #100470
    Oh man... there's a story to go with soooo many of these parts, eh Dan!?

Many things on my car were missing on Day One... but not all of them, lol. Whoops!!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

DMCH has been working to getting to this point for a lot of years. They have all of the records on who supplied what parts originally and have been developing relationships with many parts suppliers over the years to replicate/duplicate many of the parts already. This news can only mean that every part will be available BUT, they may not be available quite the way they were originally. Color, texture, function, and fit may be different. DMCH will not spend more on a part then they have to, especially when originality will not be as important for the "new" cars. In the meantime they probably have enough stock to start making a few "new" ones using either NOS parts or good, used stock. For the first ones the only thing "new" will be the Title and the tires (an exaggeration). This is good news for every Delorean owner, it means DMCH will be around for a long time and our cars will continue to be supported with parts.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Just as interesting, perhaps, are the parts that they have just, say, a dozen left, and if this new program gets off the ground, then those parts will become NLA.

No idea what those parts are, of course.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Just as interesting, perhaps, are the parts that they have just, say, a dozen left, and if this new program gets off the ground, then those parts will become NLA.

The auto trans pan gasket was one of those for me. I had no idea it was about to be NLA or I would have ordered more than one when I had the chance. That's a pretty easy one to come up with another solution thankfully. An example of how it can happen though. Complete mystery as to when the dreaded cost of $0.00 shows up.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post

Maybe DMC has been marking parts NLA in anticipation of needing them for these new builds. Most every thing can be manufactured again it's just the stainless panels that would need a high dollar setup cost.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

109042 - Brake fluid reservoir (as well as 109041 which is the fluid reservoir indicator separately)

All of these have been reproduced between myself and Ed Uding at this point.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post

And thank you, good sir, for your efforts in that regard!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post

Ok, right, I forgot.

I did ask you about some of those things a while back when you mentioned you had them, but you didn't have many specifics to share at the time. Your website doesn't process Canadian addresses, so no shipping charges were shown, and you didn't reply back to me when I asked you directly. I also wondered about the cost of those parts plus whether every other mundane car part out of the database is something you could offer and what that price would be but I never got an answer.

I'm afraid I can't go ahead and buy things like that without knowing a few more specifics. I'm not saying this is a direct analogy, but no one should ever go out to eat and then order the "special" that the waitress tells you all about but doesn't mention how much it is. I just don't think that's a smart way to go about spending money. Sorry.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast