FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: No Love for John DeLorean at Barrett Jackson

My VIN:    3028

No Love for John DeLorean at Barrett Jackson

I'm always amazed at how they never credit DeLorean, or mention his name unless an actual DMC-12 crosses the block.

Today they showed a 60's pontiac with the first endura bumpers but didn't credit him, and never do when a GTO or Judge crosses as well.

It's a shame his importance was tarnished to the point they still don't give him any respect.
    Barry

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    I'm always amazed at how they never credit DeLorean, or mention his name unless an actual DMC-12 crosses the block.

Today they showed a 60's pontiac with the first endura bumpers but didn't credit him, and never do when a GTO or Judge crosses as well.

It's a shame his importance was tarnished to the point they still don't give him any respect.
    BJ only cares about BJ. I've heard some rough stories from both buyers and sellers at BJ, claiming they've not been treated well. True? Who knows, but they're always a lot we don't see.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

I wouldn't trust Barret-Jackson as far as I could throw them. And the JFK ambulance is all you need to know about dealing with them:

http://jalopnik.com/5739333/presiden...ance-is-a-fake
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    6806

Club(s):   (DOI)

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I think Steve Magnante and Mike Joy seem to be good guys. Pretty sure I've heard both of them mention DeLorean sans DMC-12.

My VIN:    6585

Don't know anything about Joy, but DIY Network used to have a show on there called Classic Car Restoration a few years back when I caught a season where Steve Magnante hosted the restoration of an old T-Bird. He seemed like a nice enough guy, and then I saw him as a color commentator on a BJ auction or something where he was commenting about the power steering on an old 50's or 60's Chrysler and how he thought it might have problems because of how loose it was. Magnante came back a few minutes later to issue a correction that was given to him by some Mopar guys regarding the car, and how it had some sort of odd-ball power steering system (constant control?) that was actually *supposed* to have a certain amount of play in it in order to absorb bumps in the road. But it would firm-up once the engine was running. So not only did he correct himself, but he also apologized. That goes a long way with me, and I respect the man for that. Don't know what his opinion on DeLoreans is though...

On a related note about TV personalities, I've heard that Dennis Gauge is pretty keen on DeLoreans. Wouldn't have much hope for Ron Ananian though. I watched another season where that guy worked on an old Alfa and when it came to the K-Jetronic, he just mumbled like Mushmouth from Fat Albert with some half-hearted excuse and then just installed carbs. Which modifications pretty much kills the whole idea of a total restoration like he was supposed to do...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

A lot of you probably don't remember this auction or were not into the scene 6 years ago but Mike Joy and Steve were more than fair:
    https://youtu.be/9PdCIf29fis

As far as BJ goes, I remember one year I went on a tear over BJ not airing a DeLorean auction, they went to commercial as it seemed they did at almost every Delorean. I even wrote them about it and how sad it would be if we missed yet another Camaro, Mustang, or some other generic muscle car but a true unique car gets shafted every time.

I swear it's almost like they heard me because the next auction, not only did they televise it, speak positively and fairly about it(I'm pretty sure they said something about the DeLorean finally "arriving" and getting it's due as a collector car) but they interviewed the buyer about his purchase. They took a good 2 or 3 minutes away from the block for the interview alone.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-16-2016 at 08:19 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9