FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video walk around of VIN 16949

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I've always like the carpet pile of the '83's. Not quite as fuzzy. Nice texture.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Good walk through. It was definitely helpful to me because it confirmed to me that

• Default speakers are terrible and scratchy
    • Theres supposed to be two nub things*
    • Someone elses door vents are useless
    • Its not just me, although I'm taller, who cant see the whole dash
    • "Oh, that's why theres staps"
    • The wood there is normal and not a last minute fix by the previous owner.

*I only have one on each side so there's the nub and a hole. Not sure on their real name, so I went with "nub".
    Are those strike pins? It makes sense from Patrick's video. I just looked on my parts catalog, the diagram I found shows 1 pin on the forward strike area, but I didn't look through the whole section. It's dark or I'd go look to see if my 2nd looks after market.

Hopefully someone will come along and know..
    Last edited by 16949; 01-31-2016 at 07:14 PM. Reason: premature hitting of send

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    NCR but ima order one of your lightsabre necklaces (after I see what I might owe on taxes).

They are super cute!! I need a good versus evil!

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 16949 View Post
    Wow, you are right, some harsh shoutouts, although most were nice. Gotta love the internet. Hopefully you just laughed at the troll ones for what they were.

I really like the foot well lighting. Did the 3rd brake life get screwed into the louver? And the ipad is awesome.
    I have thick skin, I can handle the haters. Yes, the 3rd brake light is actually from a junkyard Corvette! I had to drill three holes to attach it to the louvres. 2 holes for screws, 1 for wiring.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just adjust the steering wheel column up so you can see the whole cluster. The adjustment knob is underneath on the right hand side of the column. It telescopes as well. You have one of the late 83s with the 81 style muffler (tips). Wonder if the engine compartment has the strap over coil cover and late style "hidden" harness? Looks to be in nice shape overall. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Just adjust the steering wheel column up so you can see the whole cluster. The adjustment knob is underneath on the right hand side of the column. It telescopes as well. You have one of the late 83s with the 81 style muffler (tips). Wonder if the engine compartment has the strap over coil cover and late style "hidden" harness? Looks to be in nice shape overall. Thanks for sharing.
    I've tried moving the column up and down, still no good viewing angle just increased foam noise... I didn't try telescoping, that may be the fix! Well, if, after 34 years it still telescopes

I do have the strap over coil cover: just replaced the ignition oil. It was missing the metal loop. I need to edit my video of that repair and upload.. I will have to check out what the non strap engines look like.

I'm not sure about a hidden harness..?

My VIN:    6472

How did your car get titled as an 84?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    How did your car get titled as an 84?
    I have no idea but it was like that when the PO (2nd owner) purchased it from the original owner.

1984 delo.jpg

The consolidated paperwork says 1983... I had to register it as a 1984 (I got a blank look when I asked how to change it to 1983) but it's insured as a 1983 (1984 category doesn't exist).

I think trying to change the model year on a 33 year old title, across 2 states, will be an exercise in frustration..

I'm not sure what defines a model year for title purposes...?
    Last edited by 16949; 02-01-2016 at 10:21 PM. Reason: eta: pic

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I didn't try telescoping, that may be the fix! Well, if, after 34 years it still telescopes
    I think you'll be surprised how much of a difference the telescoping makes, both with seeing the gauges, as well as having the wheel hitting your legs. The combination of movements gives a lot of options.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Are those strike pins? It makes sense from Patrick's video. I just looked on my parts catalog, the diagram I found shows 1 pin on the forward strike area, but I didn't look through the whole section. It's dark or I'd go look to see if my 2nd looks after market.

Hopefully someone will come along and know..
    I think the strike pins are the bigger immovable bolts that the door latches onto, but I'm only 30% sure of anything I say automobile related. The previous owner had a printed parts catalog in a binder I have in the car (which is at DMCMW) that I've been meaning to have a quick study.

And the Gemsaber necklace is one of my personal favorites.
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2