FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Shop, Garage or Workshop

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Your Shop, Garage or Workshop

Shop show 'n tell.

This is before my floor epoxy. I'm still waiting on a stretch of time to get the floor done. You need quite a few days by the looks of it.

I'm going to get a used flat screen tv for the wall, probably a smaller one. It'll be great for music, games and straight up background noise while I'm working.

Once the floor epoxy is done, there is going to be a cheap knock-off persian rug in the larger area to the back and my guitars and amps are going to make their way down there as well. yeah, it's gonna rock!

I also collect old tin signs, vintage and current posters and stuff like that. Would love to restore a antique fuel pump for it. I also haven't built a work bench yet. Our tech at the studio is replacing his and he's promised me the old one, which is nice, wide and laminated.

There is more than enough room for 2 cars, so I'll have plenty of room for my next project, a Triumph TR6! ...... I just might have to restore a Miata for the wife first.
    Attached Images
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03572

Now if your title was the messiest shop, I would post.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

eh, my garage is an non climate-controlled 20'x20' cinder block dungeon with barely enough room for two cars... but its better than no garage at all!

here is a photo from right after we moved in. i have more storage, accessories & junk in there now, haha.
    IMG_0192.jpg
    Last edited by dvonk; 08-20-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added photo
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    10186

i dont have a shop , but a gravel driveway ...... not yet anyway. in a couple years i hope to have one.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Shop show 'n tell.
    I see you also have the standard issue oil catching piece of cardboard. Nice! I have the same one, lol.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Good new thread.

As a Northern transplant to the South, I can tell you that not having a basement down here in SoFL, is a big loss, and that results in the consumption of garage space, into storage space.

As the kids are growing up and moving out, we don't need a house as big as we've had. So...the next house that we shop for, will have garage space requirements near the top of the "things to look for".

I have nothing to contribute in pictures to this thread, other than our DeLorean in a 2 car garage, by itself, surrounded by some tools and mostly storage stuff. I do look forward to more pictures from others, for future inspiration.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Is that little leather couch there to sit and ponder things when you're pissed off at your car ? I like it....

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Shop show 'n tell.

This is before my floor epoxy. I'm still waiting on a stretch of time to get the floor done. You need quite a few days by the looks of it.

I'm going to get a used flat screen tv for the wall, probably a smaller one. It'll be great for music, games and straight up background noise while I'm working.

Once the floor epoxy is done, there is going to be a cheap knock-off persian rug in the larger area to the back and my guitars and amps are going to make their way down there as well. yeah, it's gonna rock!

I also collect old tin signs, vintage and current posters and stuff like that. Would love to restore a antique fuel pump for it. I also haven't built a work bench yet. Our tech at the studio is replacing his and he's promised me the old one, which is nice, wide and laminated.

There is more than enough room for 2 cars, so I'll have plenty of room for my next project, a Triumph TR6! ...... I just might have to restore a Miata for the wife first.

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    Is that little leather couch there to sit and ponder things when you're pissed off at your car ? I like it....
    Haha, yeah it's for my "time out."
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4534

I don't have any decent shots of the entire garage but here's one from a couple of years ago during my Mustang's major surgery.

It is just a 2 port metal carport with a hurricane shelter cinder block construct at one end. The other end is capped by an ugly green "fence".

I added a TV tonight.

Full of win.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast