FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video walk around of VIN 16949

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Video walk around of VIN 16949

Very nice two tone interior late build Delorean

Very cool to see a female owned Delorean!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yhParO_kFYk

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for sharing

Thanks, Chris!

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

She doesn't understand the functionality of her headlight switch...I'm sure she'll discover high beams are activated by the stalk at some point.

Also, it looks like the stereo is twisting sideways, and you can see that it was likely cut for a double-din unit at one point.
    Last edited by Patrick C; 01-31-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    She doesn't understand the functionality of her headlight switch...I'm sure she'll discover high beams are activated by the stalk at some point.

Also, it looks like the stereo is twisting sideways, and you can see that it was likely cut for a double-din unit at one point.
    Sorry, it's not so easy to do a running commentary, there are a few screw ups in it. It wasn't made for the critics but I do welcome criticism all the same.

The stereo is twisting or not set right currently but it wasn't like that when I bought it. I think it just needs to be re-set but since I am going to work on the sound system in the future I'm not worried about it. It would surprise me immensely if either of the previous owners had ever done anything with the stereo as far as modification but then replaced the original stereo. I know the last owner didn't modify th it. If the owner before him did, it would have been in the 90s and the guy was already older at that point. So anything is possible but I doubt it. I wish they would have upgraded all the speakers and saved me the work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 16949 View Post
    Sorry, it's not so easy to do a running commentary, there are a few screw ups in it. It wasn't made for the critics but I do welcome criticism all the same.
    No, I know all about criticism! Take a look at the comments left on my YouTube video about my customized D...not pretty. I didn't mean for my comment to come across as an attack, just an observation.

The stereo is twisting or not set right currently but it wasn't like that when I bought it. I think it just needs to be re-set but since I am going to work on the sound system in the future I'm not worried about it. It would surprise me immensely if either of the previous owners had ever done anything with the stereo as far as modification but then replaced the original stereo. I know the last owner didn't modify th it. If the owner before him did, it would have been in the 90s and the guy was already older at that point. So anything is possible but I doubt it. I wish they would have upgraded all the speakers and saved me the work, though.
    It appears there was definitely a double-DIN stereo installed once. Take a look at this photo:

On a stock bracket, that would not be cut that way.

The good news is that when you decide to upgrade your stereo, the bracket is pre-cut for you! That's usually the hardest part.

All in all it appears to be a very nice D! Congrats on ownership!
    Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

It appears there was definitely a double-DIN stereo installed once. Take a look at this photo:

On a stock bracket, that would not be cut that way.

The good news is that when you decide to upgrade your stereo, the bracket is pre-cut for you! That's usually the hardest part.
    Hmmm, you're right. Thank you for posting the comparative pics. Is there any other reason they would do that besides for the stereo?

I will ask the PO about it. Maybe the first owner did it but then put the stock back in. I'm glad if that's the case. The stock radio is all I need, I'd rather use my phone for the audio in..

Quote Originally Posted by 16949 View Post
    Hmmm, you're right. Thank you for posting the comparative pics. Is there any other reason they would do that besides for the stereo?
    None that I can think of. That also explains why the radio is so loose fitting in the current bracket. On the stock bracket, the radio knobs help hold the unit to the bracket, but that part of the bracket is now missing on your car hence why the radio is skewed.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

No, I know all about criticism! Take a look at the comments left on my YouTube video about my customized D...not pretty.
    Wow, you are right, some harsh shoutouts, although most were nice. Gotta love the internet. Hopefully you just laughed at the troll ones for what they were.

I really like the foot well lighting. Did the 3rd brake life get screwed into the louver? And the ipad is awesome.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Good walk through. It was definitely helpful to me because it confirmed to me that

• Default speakers are terrible and scratchy
    • Theres supposed to be two nub things*
    • Someone elses door vents are useless
    • Its not just me, although I'm taller, who cant see the whole dash
    • "Oh, that's why theres staps"
    • The wood there is normal and not a last minute fix by the previous owner.

*I only have one on each side so there's the nub and a hole. Not sure on their real name, so I went with "nub".
    Attached Images
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast