Please don't get me wrong. I'm not shooting anything down because I'm some sort of purist that is throwing up roadblocks to convince you to NOT modify your car. I fully support modification and making something yours. It's just that you've got to really be aware of what you're getting yourself into here. Because there is no simple solution.

If it were me, I would look to acquire a set of those 3.0L heads, and see if I could drill out the left Cylinder Head to see if I could mount the 2.8L Distributor. Once that is verified, source yourself a carburetor manifold, and see about getting that Alpine kit. From there, get the performance cams, shave the heads to increase compression and to index them properly, and then proceed to port/polish the heads.

EFI is also an option too.

You would then achieve having yourself a nice, unique PRV either way, but it's your choice here.

But just realize that it ain't gonna be cheap, and it's not the most economically efficient way to get additional power.

Here, take a look at this sign:

Two roads to go: Alamo, and Mormon Well. To be fair, this IS a bit up Mormon Well, so it's kind of showing you were you came from. Highway 93 is the road back into Vegas (Vegas isn't *that* far, as that is just to the center of downtown and not the valley). But at the end of that other road is Alamo, Nevada. Now what is interesting is that despite appearing to be a shorter distance away, it's actually quicker, and more fuel efficient to turn around, go back down to Vegas, across the beltway, UP I-15, and then turn off and go up 95. And BOOM! You're at Pahranagat and Alamo.

It "looks" like it's shorter to go down that road, but it's not. Here is what awaits you:

So why would anyone take that road? It's not easy. It will be slower, there are more dangers, and there is no cell phone reception. You need a CB to communicate back to the Ranger Station, or to other people if any can here you. Oh, and you just might need to have a hand-held unit so if you break down, you can walk up part of a mountain to broadcast back. You need a 4x4, ground clearance, some skid plates, extra food, water, fuel, emergency supplies, tools, and maybe even a few other things...

So again, why in the hell would anyone take such a path? Because they can. And they love the journey. Google some of those locations on the sign to see what they really look like. All of those things you would miss by going back to the safety of the city.

Just like swapping an engine, or building one of your own. I'm not going to stop you from doing anything, but I will at least ask you to think about your goals, and what it is that you want. Just like the road to Alamo, it seems like a short cut, but it's not. It costs more to take that path, and there is no special reward waiting for you. Just like trying to extract more power out of a PRV. There is no shortcut to cheap and easy performance. But if you want some personal satisfaction, and perhaps maybe even a bit of personal glory, then you may very well enjoy that path. But just like how there is no cell phone reception, you won't have the same easy access to help. Just like how I said I don't know if you can drill to mount that Ignition Distributor, I've no idea what the road conditions that lie ahead for you are. Maybe someone else does and can help act as a spotter for you on that trail when the terrain gets too rough. Maybe you just might need to turn around if that trail is impassable too...

I just want you to be prepared.