FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 3.0 L PRV carb build?

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Since starting this tread over four years ago I've learned a ton about PRV building.
    Eventually I decided to totally rebuild my 2.8L after discovering some nasty buildup in my waterjacket presumably from old coolant decomposing.

My original 2.8L was fitted with 3.0L heads, Isky regrind cams, headers, x pipe exhaust, custom intake manifolds designed by me, Borla/TWM ITBs, and full sequential EFI and distributorless ignition courtesy of MS3x. Lots of tuning help from FABombjoy.

I decided to stick with the 2.8L bottom end because I prefer the odd fire sound vs the even fire variants.

Turned out to be a very unique engine. 2203 now performs a lot better than it did before, especially since it has a 5 speed now!

20200720_232740.jpg20200929_205245.jpg

Wow that engine looks Great!

I picked up a 3.0 as an insurance policy for my 2.8, any advice on sourcing rebuild parts, thinking I would like to source rings, bearings, timing chain kit, liner shims, etc. Just wondering what availability is like?

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

A lot of the 3.0L parts cross over to the 2.8L. Concerning rotating assembly parts, many of them can be purchased from our vendors. Some are more difficult to find like the crankshaft thrust washers. I was able to find a set for a Volvo on eBay.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Those triples look gorgeous. Excellent work!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5