FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Ballast resistor questions

My VIN:    2729

Ballast resistor questions

I recently ordered a new Ballast Resistor because the old one was looking kind of corroded. Then when I was looking around on the Internet I noticed must people had it wired in a different way. The car started with the Ballast as it was wired and the PO said it was stock but I still want a second opinion. Is it ok as-is or is there a modification that I need to make?

The new Resistor is connected in the way I got the car. In most pictures I've seen the bottom left wire is paired with the top right wire
    20160212_190148.jpg
    Both top left (Blue and Yellow Wire) and right (Small White) connectors lead to the Ballast relay.
    20160212_185647.jpg
    The bottom left (White) and right (White and Yellow) are wrapped in electrical tape but I think one of them leads to the coil.
    20160212_185607.jpg

My VIN:    6472

I believe the bottom left paired with the top right configuration is correct. In other words, no wire at bottom left.

I think there is more to this, can some of the experts comment?
    My car 5127 was wired with a wire on each spade. I know 5128 was the same, now this car.
    I've changed my wiring because everyone told me it was wrong.
    But I'm not so sure now.
    I loves my grooves!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Refer to M:18:03 in your Workshop Manual. It is incomplete, the relay bypassing 1/2 of the resistor is not there. The top/left terminal gets the Green/Yellow wire. the bottom/left has no connection, the top right gets both white wires and the bottom right gets the white/yellow wire. Looks like someone has worked on this and replaced some of the connectors. I have attached a modified page showing how the bypass relay is hooked up.
    Attached Files
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2729

Ah, thanks for the clarification.