FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Specialtauto.com Stainless Air Cleaner on Ebay

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Ahhh.. That's right. I forgot about the oil fill vent hose. Adding a cold intake filter unit makes sense and looks cool.
    Although one of pages is listed as $350, if you add it to basket, it becomes $500, which is too high for me.
    Does it really make any differences in performance? Or just for aesthetic? By the way, you engine bay looks amazing with SS air cleaner with lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Thanks, I like it. There are no performance gains whatsoever by running it. It's all cosmetic and I think it was mentioned, it does require a little "massaging" to make everything line up, but I have had it for around 4 or 5 years now with no issues.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I just ordered on today from them. 499.00 the price has gone up. on the site it is lower but when you check out its $499.00

I think I paid 200.00 but he gave me 100.00 off since I got it in bare form. I had to grain it and cut the lexan for it which was fine with me.
    499....makes me think I should ebay mine. With the LED lights it might fetch 600.

IMAG0955.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 05-07-2016 at 01:15 PM.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by dmc3130 View Post
    I just ordered on today from them. 499.00 the price has gone up. on the site it is lower but when you check out its $499.00
    Stephen, tell John, you see it advertised lower on the web page. I've bought stuff from John where it is more expensive in the "cart" than on the webpage. He always gave me the lower price.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Stephen, tell John, you see it advertised lower on the web page. I've bought stuff from John where it is more expensive in the "cart" than on the webpage. He always gave me the lower price.

Crap. I just saw this post. I'll contact him today. I received mine a couple of days ago. The finish is good but the plastic has a slite scuff on it (maybe from shipping) and the hole for the throttle body is slightly too big. Michael, did you have any issues with the this??

Quote Originally Posted by dmc3130 View Post
    Crap. I just saw this post. I'll contact him today. I received mine a couple of days ago. The finish is good but the plastic has a slite scuff on it (maybe from shipping) and the hole for the throttle body is slightly too big. Michael, did you have any issues with the this??
    I had to finalize the graining and finish myself as well as cut the lexan plate. The fitment over the throttle body was OK but not as tight as I would like. Could easily be cured with a new o-ring from the hardware store of your choice. Mine wasn't loose enough to worry about.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have one of these thrown on a heap of spare odds'n'sods in the corner of my garage.

I had it installed for a few years then went back to stock, mainly because it was one of the first ones that was manufactured (around 2003), the fit to the metering flap/venturi wasn't very good, and other aspects of the design were simply unsuitable.
    For example under hard acceleration the filter element would lift up within the housing allowing the air to effectively bypass it, which defeats the object of having a filter in the first place.

Obviously the design was fine tuned and looks very good now and indeed mine could be tweaked to make it good but for now it will stay in the pile of odd, used dmc parts in the corner of my garage lol.

It's a reminder of a *very* brief time where I had cash in my pocket and was easily attracted by shiny DeLorean related trinkets

J
    Last edited by jamesrguk; 05-24-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2