FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your other projects/hobbies

My VIN:    4534

Your other projects/hobbies

So, aside from the Deloreans, what do you do?

A few years back I was heavily into 3d modeling.

I still tinker every now and then.

I've got a 66 Nova I've been restoring for over 5 years now that I really need to get back to.

I took a few months from the Nova to fix some damage the PO did to my Mustang before I bought it. Take it from me, the Delorean rust issues are cake compared to Detroit steel.

This might be a future project: I want a ground pounding 390 powered Mustang drag car. Trust me...she's worse than she looks and she looks bad.

My VIN:    01955

Ive got a Lancia Zagato that is going through the resto process. If i had the room, i would attempt it myself, but ive got a backyard guy doing all the rust work.

But i do collect 1:18 scale model cars (any other scales if the diecast is awesome). Got around 100 1:18s, a few 1:24s, boxes of 1:64s and a small sellection of 1:43s. Will stop collecting these diecasts after my huge 1:1 purchase of a Delorean!

I do spend a bit playing online with my PS3, COD Black Ops atm. If anyone wants to add me, its "Simid".

Love to get into 3D modelling, havent used my Industrial Design degree for many years now.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

i have way too many hobbies and way too little time, now that i am a homeowner. however, aside from my '58 Buick project i like to collect things.

LaserDiscs & archaic video players
    vintage stuff; appliances, clothing, records, whatever
    vacuums
    photography and collect vintage cameras
    old money
    and, of course, DeLorean trinkets & memorabilia.

i also like DIY projects and fixing things. im sure there are more that i cant think of right now... i plan on selling alot of my stuff to add to my DeLorean fund, which is, as you can see, sadly lacking at this point. i dont have time for all those hobbies anymore anyway, and ive been waiting for a D for a long time.
    Last edited by dvonk; 08-21-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I collect cars and they're my primary hobby. Currently, I'm working on a 1970 Cadillac convertible and a 1974 D0dge Monaco Blues Brothers clone.

010_22015.jpg

IMG_20110705_094459.jpg

Otherr than that, the list of things that I collect would be far too long to post here.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Outside of cars, I fish. Love to spend an early morning on a dock in the everglades. Hoping to get a boat in the near future.

I also shoot, and am starting to collect guns. Im moving up from handguns to rifles. On my "buy me now" list are a SASS

and, for Zombie purposes,

a Barrett 82A1, perfect for home defense, beer cans, buicks, etc...

Also a nature person. Gimme something fun to do outdoors, and im there. Mountain biking, hiking, etc... all good to me.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Other projects and hobbies, let's see:

1985 Toyota pickup that I've been working on for 6 years to look like Marty's truck
    1977 Mercedes Benz that needs some fixing
    1927 house that I live in (im always fixing/upgrading/remodeling something in here)
    An Ironman costume for Halloween
    Replica Movie props
    2 Deloreans

and the obligatory wife and kids....way too much stuff, not enough time as mentioned before.

My VIN:    3004

Club(s):   (DCF)

When I'm not working on my D, I work on my friend's gaming website;
    www.gameblurb.net

I also work on painting guitars for my brother;
    http://www.famousguitarreplicas.com

I also work in Zbrush/Maya and play video games for research for my fulltime job.

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

I'm a web/software developer by day, it's always been a passion so I also end up doing it at home too for personal projects or freelance clients. I'm getting more into mechanics and electronics now, so I'm trying some Arduino projects and learning a lot about automotive technology (since I have a DeLorean and all now).

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcfly4u View Post
    1927 house that I live in (im always fixing/upgrading/remodeling something in here)
    haha, i hear you, our house is a 1922, and theres always something to do. thats one of the reasons i dont have much time for all my hobbies... that, and DMCTalk.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

I own 4.5 properties, boat, fish, and have a 20 month old. No time for anything these days outside of the properties and the baby. With some luck the boat will see the water again next summer and the baby will enjoy it some.

I figure when I have enough for my Delorean I'll be able to drop the baby off at school on her first day! If the absolute right "D" comes along I can pull the trigger now, but I'd rather hold on/off for a bit.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast