FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Uh oh. A/C not blowing cold.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Uh oh. A/C not blowing cold.

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I'm about to install this system over the next week with a new compressor, dryer, and condenser. In hand all parts seem quality and there isn't much negative about it on the internet. I like that it will be easy to index and crimp once the hoses are routed to keep the connectors as stress free as possible.
    You and me both, I've just completed the line replacement. The new lines are 2/3 rds the diameter of the originals (modern technology). As far as installing the ends it doesn't get much easier. Plus if you need to go back adjust the fitting rotation to remove twist loading, you can do that by unclipping the rings. Reset the fitting position and re-clip the rings. Also fishing the lines through the frame channels is very easy. Tip : loop a tie-wrap around the hose close to the end (don't cut the tail) now you have a little handle that will stick out of the narrow slot between the frame and underbody. Now you push the with one hand and guide it along with the other use the tie-wrap tail to guide the hose end around any snags. Easy-peezy.

For me push/pulling the old the 35 year old stiff hoses was a pain in the butt. I cut the rear fittings off and pulled all the hose out the front.

I went with condenser flushing vs replacement. New accumulator and cleaned my VOV oriface tube.

This afternoon A new SD7H15 (470 w/ QD head will go on. One thing to note, I had to replace the original QD head with one has the relief valve port because the system is being upgraded to the later style configuration (no more HUB hose).

Dennis
    Last edited by DMC5180; 07-10-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3294

I just ordered the complete system replacement (hoses, fittings, accumulator and compressor) from DPI this afternoon. Besides flushing the condenser, is there any other things I should be looking at while I'm in there?

I noticed that the existing accumulator I have on the car looks a little different than the one that's coming with this kit. Mine has a fitting coming off the bottom,. whereas this new one does not. Since I'm replacing all of the hoses and fittings as well, is this even an issue?
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    I just ordered the complete system replacement (hoses, fittings, accumulator and compressor) from DPI this afternoon. Besides flushing the condenser, is there any other things I should be looking at while I'm in there?

I noticed that the existing accumulator I have on the car looks a little different than the one that's coming with this kit. Mine has a fitting coming off the bottom,. whereas this new one does not. Since I'm replacing all of the hoses and fittings as well, is this even an issue?
    No. If you are replacing the hoses, then they will be the correct length for the new style accumulator.

In addition to replacing the parts you listed, I have been advised by some to also replace the condenser with a parallel flow type, which is better for R134a. Houston sells this now instead of OEM.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Uh oh. A/C not blowing cold.

Can you Post a visual of parallel vs OEM? I think mine is parallel ( 2 rows of copper tube going side to side). I think OEM is 1 row flat tube folded like ribbon candy.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

The DMCH page shows a NOS consenser, so it's not of much help.

http://store.delorean.com/p-7716-con...d-o-rings.aspx

Hervey's website has a picture of a parallel flow condenser:
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    10270

I'm going to give the CN20010XC universal parallel flow a shot. Slightly shorter than OEM but only $55.

I scratched up the inside of the evaporator inlet while removing the orifice valve but I think I've smoothed things out enough to make it work again. I straightened the inlet tube out enough that hopefully I can seat the new valve just a hair further into the tube and avoid the damaged spot.

Whole lotta variables going on here before making the 800 mile round trip to DCS!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6