FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried blacklight in dash?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Ugh. That's dangerous as shit; all of those lights in that spectrum would absolutely murder your night vision.
    You just know everything, dont you?

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You can use LED strips in blacklight colors. I did mine with a RGB strip and a small controller under the dash so I can mix any color and brightness along with my OE rheostat controls.

Attachment 39929Attachment 39930
    That just made me think of switching my rheostat out for the color dial. I didnt think of that and went with a blutooth receiver from Autozone I think.

Not going to lie. Seeing Christian's car always makes me envious lol.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You just know everything, dont you?
    Give him a break, he is an Audi owner. Being a douche goes with the territory.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Drove it tonight on a nice long cruise. Totally fine. What color dashboard I never did like is the old Volkswagen style dashboards that will purple with red needles and those things would give me a headache for driving this DeLorean with all the blue lights and it is totally comfortable at night and a lot of people that were with me in this car feel the same way.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

Privet aircraft usually use red instrument lights to reduce night vision blinding. You also carry a flashlight with a red lens to read instruments if your electrical power fails.

My sons 2005 Pontiac G6 has red instrument lights but most other new cars use other colors.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Privet aircraft usually use red instrument lights to reduce night vision blinding. You also carry a flashlight with a red lens to read instruments if your electrical power fails.

My sons 2005 Pontiac G6 has red instrument lights but most other new cars use other colors.
    Pontiac has been using red for decades now and looks great. This camera phones today enhance light effects, especially darker images. Yes my car is bright and clear at night, but far from glaring or blinding. No where near the effect the picture suggests. You'll see soon enough at a event.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Exactly this. Red is the color to use; photographers and astronomers carry red flashlights when viewing/shooting outdoors at night for the same reason. I own one myself.

There's a lot of white light in modern instrument panels, though I have seen other colors. But even the brightest settings are intentionally made dim enough to not affect night vision while still making the instrumentation readable - and modern vehicles have backlit instrument panels, so it's just the letters and numbers that light up.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    This camera phones today enhance light effects, especially darker images. Yes my car is bright and clear at night, but far from glaring or blinding. No where near the effect the picture suggests.
    Standard car map lights have been shown to reduce visibility by 10 to 20%. If your lights are brighter and more spread out than a map light, it's compromising your vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Give him a break, he is an Audi owner. Being a douche goes with the territory.
    I don't own an Audi. And I didn't know that bringing up a point about safety made one a douche. But hey, anything to live up to my signature!
    - Chris

what

I will say my blue are not bright as they look. Had the wife in the car last night. Says its nice and tranquil and far from blinding. The 4 bulbs that shine down have 19 leds per bulb for a total of 76 leds. I had to slightly mod the cluster for it. I did this mod about 4 years ago and never had a issue at night. Dumb camera phones WILL make my car look really REALLY bright. My map light in the car are 105 lumens each along with the trunk, engine comp and tag lights.

Day time pic

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast