FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Anyone tried blacklight in dash?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Reflections off a Delorean windscreen. That screen at such an angle how the hell can a recessed cluster even hope to reflect in your eyes?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Oh i know Michael but I don't see anything on the front windshield and hardly see anything on the door glass and actually I see more light reflection in my Honda than I do the DeLorean.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have rented that type of Van, and a couple of Fords with the blue dash lights and I found them a bit distracting at night too.

I also noticed that it is easy to accidentally leave the main beams on as the blue icon just disappears in with all the other blue.

I think car interior designers have moved from "good ergonomic design" to "ooh, shiny" in their quest for younger buyers. In Georges second picture it is hard to find the one warning light that is lit.

My old Saab has a "night panel" button that extinguishes every dash light except for the speedo (and only the 0-80 mph part of that)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Here Is my Civic at 4am heading to work. You can clearly see reflection on the windows. My DeLorean's blue interior, barely see anything.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

And some blinding truck lights from this morning

Damn! I know the feeling!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Taking photos of your own dash while doing almost 50 mph in the dark.

You're just all kinds of disaster waiting to happen.
    - Chris

what

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Christian is definately a menace. Using a phone while driving, blue dash lights, double digit speeds at night...I'm just glad he survived the ordeal to bring us that picture.

The other day I partook of the exact same behavior so I shouldn't joke. I used one hand and lifted up an item to my face (while driving at night nonetheless)...granted it was a cheeseburger but the actions required were the same. I am lucky to be here to tell the tale.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-04-2016 at 07:54 AM.

My VIN:    10201

Completely forgot but I did buy some UV bulbs for the license plate. Thought it might look cooler, but it had no effect. Ill see if I can rig up a 12v source and light up the dash with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Christian is definately a menace. Using a phone while driving, blue dash lights, double digit speeds at night...I'm just glad he survived the ordeal to bring us that picture.

The other day I partook of the exact same behavior so I shouldn't joke. I used one hand and lifted up an item to my face (while driving at night nonetheless)...granted it was a cheeseburger but the actions required were the same. I am lucky to be here to tell the tale.
    Oh my God Michael I almost died with laughter on that one! 😉

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7