FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    People have to research and figure out how to do that on their own and make sure they route everything correctly at their own risk.
    I fully agree that users are responsible for routing their own hoses, but I do have suggested routings they are welcome to use (I provide each user annotated pictures). Of course if they want to come up with their own alternatives they have that option as well. But it's not as though they have nothing to start with: there are vetted routings on other conversions that have proven reliable.

If I provide it, the carburetor definitely is not a blank sheet of paper. I know 2100's better than the back of my own hand and can arguably rebuild one better than the "professionals" (Champion, National, Pony Carbs, etc). If an owner buys a carb from me, he is guaranteed not only to get one that is properly spec'd, but one that has been test driven and tuned on my own car. Of course owners have the option of sourcing their own carbs, but that is definitely their responsibility to get the proper specs and set it up -- I am only responsible for the carburetors I provide.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Well shit -- looks like I am doing Robert's research for him after all:
    Within the realm of your logic, Bill, that wouldn't count at all since it's not DeLorean-specific.

But once again, you're nothing if predictable. Call Bill out enough and get him backed into a corner, and he'll finally do what you've asked him to just to prove that he can once you've told him that he can't. Because he's almost completed writing the how-to guide I asked him to. You'd just need to collate all of Bill's posts together, edit out all of his failed trolling, and you'd damn-near have a complete carburetor conversion guide for a DeLorean. Just like I asked him for those years ago.

Now how hard was that to have done in the first place, Bill?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Did Robert do his own homework in school, or did he stamp his feet like a petulant child screaming "I don't understand, somebody do it for me!"

Bill Robertson

Can anybody figure out what Robert's motivation is, beyond causing mischief and creating a stir?

I can't imagine he is actually serious about carbureting his car (by his own signature line admission he "ain't doing jack to his car").

Near as I can tell he only wants to cause problems.

In exhaustively long posts....

Personally I find it quite rude for Robert to insert himself into someone else's thread, where people are trying to conduct serious business, and stomp around like a puerile child. Surely he doesn't act like that in public.

To owners who ask serious questions, and truly want to learn about carburetion (at least as I implement it) as a fuel delivery alternative -- THANK YOU. Even owners who don't want to carburete their cars have asked me questions and gathered information simply to be better informed. *THAT* is how grownups behave.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    puerile child
    Redundant -- apologies.

Petulant child.

Bill Robertson

just checking, did you get my check. I was thinking it may be there today?

Oooooo -- present from Amazon:

Airtex1436OtherStyle.jpg

This one's laid out a little bit differently than my other two pumps, but I can still make it work (pull out the 5/16" barb and replace it with an elbow, pull out the 1/4" barb and plug it as usual). I've seen this style pump on British eBay. It's made in Italy, not France (it isn't a Sobaflex unit -- Logo has a large "B" and "D" with "TORINO" between them).

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    just checking, did you get my check. I was thinking it may be there today?
    Check's been deposited (Greg's too). I'll try to get to UPS on Friday (I'm building and leveling a concrete form this afternoon for a pour tomorrow).

Bill Robertson

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

The childishness of this back and forth is unbecoming of either of you. Please grow up.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Carburetor conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    The childishness of this back and forth is unbecoming of either of you. Please grow up.
    Hi Bill just wondering if you received my check yet -thanks

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast