FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

My VIN:    1776

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Oooooo -- present from Amazon:

Attachment 43352

This one's laid out a little bit differently than my other two pumps, but I can still make it work (pull out the 5/16" barb and replace it with an elbow, pull out the 1/4" barb and plug it as usual). I've seen this style pump on British eBay. It's made in Italy, not France (it isn't a Sobaflex unit -- Logo has a large "B" and "D" with "TORINO" between them).

Bill Robertson
    That's interesting! I wonder who made it. Mine is a Sofabex. Does the 1/4 barb have a tiny ID?
    Sofabex is an interesting company. 25+years ago, when I worked for Carter Carburetor in St. Louis, Sofabex was interested in partnering with us to market electric fuel pumps for injection applications, which we made and they didn't. I did a ton of flow testing of our pumps for them. They were a very congenial, family-owned company with their headquarters in their house. Very pleasant and very French.

Same basic design (but not 100% identical construction -- appears to be yet another manufacturer): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-264-...gAAOSwPcVViboy

I only have one carburetor, so I only need one outlet barb. I pull and plug the 1/4" one.

Bill Robertson

Yet another barb configuration: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEUGEOT-504-...ZW1egr&vxp=mtr

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Since the future availability of the mechanical fuel pumps for our engines appears to be questionable, I've been stocking up on them. The first two mechanical fuel pumps that I purchased were Sofabex. The third was the "Torino" unit that Bill pictured above. All three were repackaged as "Airtex 1436" units.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

And I though DeLoreans were problematic....

Yesterday while building a concrete form I obviously disturbed a big black ant mound because they stuck their noses all in my business while I was trying to work. I thought beating them to death with the tamping rod would get the message across, but obviously it didn't because today while pouring concrete they came right back. I didn't mind entombing them inside the pad, but the ones on the surface kept getting stuck and flailing their legs around, totally messing up my float. Eventually the concrete skinned over enough that they could run around on the surface without getting stuck (ants don't weigh very much) so I went inside to eat a late lunch. When I came back the ants were gone, replaced by bird footprints. The damn thing was obviously very proud of his footwork because he had the audacity to sit in a tree and sing at me. I rubbed most of the footprints out with a piece of cinder block so I think it will be OK.

All this nature has a whole neighborhood to play in -- why do they have to hang out at my house?

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Since the future availability of the mechanical fuel pumps for our engines appears to be questionable, I've been stocking up on them. The first two mechanical fuel pumps that I purchased were Sofabex. The third was the "Torino" unit that Bill pictured above. All three were repackaged as "Airtex 1436" units.
    Pumps will likely still be available into the foreseeable future -- just not stocked by Autozone. It is possible they will one day need to be purchased from Europe.

I needed $49 to get free shipping, so I added one to my last Amazon order.

I'll post pics after I modify the Torino unit.

Bill Robertson

It was 4:30 by the time I returned the concrete pallet to Lowes so I didn't even try to go to UPS. I'll run Greg's and James' boxes over there tomorrow.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    3021

Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

howdy howdy!! I haven't been on here in ages. took me about 20 minutes to crack my own password

I was curious if anyone has gone carbed with stage II cams? If so what are some key things to search for to read old threads with carbed Pvr's with cam upgrades?

where has time gone. glad to see everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carburetor conversion

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    It was 4:30 by the time I returned the concrete pallet to Lowes so I didn't even try to go to UPS. I'll run Greg's and James' boxes over there tomorrow.

Bill Robertson
    Thanks for the update Bill and thanks for all your hard work that went into the kits

Thank you. Awesome

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast