FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    If you bought a carb conversion off eBay, you would not expect anything more than safe delivery of the advertised product.

If you bought carb conversion off Craigslist, you would not expect anything more than safe delivery of the advertised product.

If you bought a carb conversion off Amazon for crying out loud, you would not expect anything more than safe delivery of the advertised product.

Why then does everyone expect me to hold owners' hands and wipe their noses?

I provide annotated setup pictures, which is more than you would get from any other retailer.

I even pre-tune the carburetor, which definitely is more than you would get from any other retailer.

Have you all forgotten that I sell these things for materials cost only? That is one helluva bargain (my current welder thinks I am crazy for doing it). May I humbly suggest you all stop crying and complaining? If a complete, vetted, test driven, pre-tuned, conversion at cost isn't good enough, you can always buy your conversion from someone else....

Bill Robertson
    Has anyone noticed that nearly every person crying and complaining about my carb conversions -- Robert, Ron, David, et al -- hasn't even bought one? That's like complaining that a restaurant isn't any good when you've never eaten there, or complaining that a movie is no good when you haven't watched it.

As bad as Louis is, at least he complains about something he actually bought.

Bill Robertson
    Since you asked-
    WTH, Bill? I have not said anything against your carb conversions!
    Nor do I disagree WRT "not expect anything more than safe delivery of the advertised product". Ironically, the problem(s) here, imho, is that you do give more...in particular, some of your 'information'.
    The only crying I see is when someone asks you for/offers clarification, yours, wrapped with personal insults and false accusations (as in the above, for example).
    Saying not to fill someones eyes/ears with BS is not expressing a desire for you to hold someones hand (or wipe their nose
    Last edited by Ron; 06-21-2016 at 12:55 AM.

I did not realize you were planning to buy a carb conversion of your own. Apologies.

As with everyone else, I will send personalized annotated pictures of your particular manifold & carb, like this:

GregSetup1.jpg

Installation is actually simpler than K-Jet. You will be on the road in an hour or two (longest part of the procedure is removing K-Jet).

Bill Robertson

Thanks for all the help

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD001815

Cool Carb intakes

Where are you now reference the carb intake kits?
    I just had the engine totally rebuilt and my tech mentioned putting a 4 barrel on it... Problem is finding an intake to get away from K jet....

Thanks,

Tod Craver
    VIN# 1815 (Automatic)

[email protected]

I make my own manifolds (with the assistance of a very conscientious aluminum welder -- I machine the pieces and he assembles them together):

FabricatedManifold.jpg

I had a small supply of Peugeot manifolds, but they are gone now:

PeugeotAdapter.jpg

My experience has been a properly sized 2 barrel carburetor gives more than enough performance. Remember: our little engines are only 174 cubic inches (and they are low compression). I don't know any manufacturer that put a 4 barrel on such a small engine.

I use the same carb Ford put on its 171 inch Cologne V6 (1970's Mustang engine).

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by content22207_2; 06-29-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Steve's conversion is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Greg's and James' conversions have already been received. Perhaps after one of them is installed they can post the experience.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    2784

Club(s):   (DMA)

Steve's conversion is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Greg's and James' conversions have already been received. Perhaps after one of them is installed they can post the experience.

Bill Robertson
    Sure. I'm going to be gone this weekend, but next weekend I'll try to install it

My VIN:    2784

Club(s):   (DMA)

Question: Proper storage of K-Jet parts.

What's the best way to make sure the fuel distributor and anything else that comes off are properly stored so they don't get 'gross'? Can I flush the gas out of the fuel dist. so it doesn't rot in there? If so, recommended procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
    Sure. I'm going to be gone this weekend, but next weekend I'll try to install it
    No rush. Several owners have already posted their experiences, but they are all 3-4 years old (or more: IIRC Sam and Garen were 2009 or 2010). You guys are the first new conversions since ~2013.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by rtcraver View Post
    Where are you now reference the carb intake kits?
    I just had the engine totally rebuilt and my tech mentioned putting a 4 barrel on it... Problem is finding an intake to get away from K jet....

Thanks,

Tod Craver
    VIN# 1815 (Automatic)

[email protected]
    I see you are only 30 miles away from Gainesville. I am scheduled to go to Byrne Heninger's house in August to help him with a couple of carb conversions -- you could probably drop by to see what they look like in person.

Bill Robertson

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast