FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    full throttle valve would still work normally
    With the caveat that the full throttle valve empties into the same wells as the metering jets, thence through the venturi cluster into the air stream just like idle to WOT.

The full throttle valve is basically like switching to larger jets on the fly.

It is not a separate circuit. Valve bypasses the jets, from the bottom of the same fuel bowl (it's located between them), then empties right back in on the other side.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by content22207_2; 06-08-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If you could figure out a way to make the engine run with the venturi cluster pulled out altogether, full throttle valve would still work normally.

Bill Robertson
    You can't. Not doing that alone. I rest my case.
    (And here I thought I might be reading too much into your post!)

P.S. Please quit calling it a 'Full Throttle Valve' -- The throttle does not have to be in the full position for it to work. I'm sure you know that.

CYA!

FullThrottleValve1.jpg

Don't get strung out by depressions on either side of the valve -- those are just sediment catch basins. They aren't connected to anything.

Underside:

FullThrottleValve2.jpg

Bill Robertson

Robert,

The citations are out of context because all citations in any legal document are technically "out of context." You would lose every case you ever tried if you cited entire documents; you don't have unlimited time, you have page limits, and I have better things to do.

The general premise that Bill has repeatedly made is that high pressure fuel systems make for more dangerous leaks. All of the patents cited are consistent with this proposition and state so directly. Merely because you can establish that each of the citations relate to a particular application does not defeat their teachings as applied more generally (i.e., the reference need not be directed to a DMC-12 to be relevant as you suggest). Along those same lines, you need not have specific recitations of fuel pressures to understand the relationship to leaks.

Your presumption that the pickup hose and accumulator are the only locations of rubber hose on the DMC-12 is likewise incorrect and illustrates it must have been some time since you replaced your own fuel hoses.
    I would recommend that you do so.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Wink

"Can't we all just get along?" -R. King
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Robert,

The citations are out of context because all citations in any legal document are technically "out of context." You would lose every case you ever tried if you cited entire documents; you don't have unlimited time, you have page limits, and I have better things to do.

The general premise that Bill has repeatedly made is that high pressure fuel systems make for more dangerous leaks. All of the patents cited are consistent with this proposition and state so directly. Merely because you can establish that each of the citations relate to a particular application does not defeat their teachings as applied more generally (i.e., the reference need not be directed to a DMC-12 to be relevant as you suggest). Along those same lines, you need not have specific recitations of fuel pressures to understand the relationship to leaks.

Your presumption that the pickup hose and accumulator are the only locations of rubber hose on the DMC-12 is likewise incorrect and illustrates it must have been some time since you replaced your own fuel hoses.
    I would recommend that you do so.
    I think you guys should agree that:
    1. High pressure is obviously more dangerous.
    2. That's why the materials used in them are of higher rate/quality, making them equally (probably more) safe.
    3. That partial citations/documentation can be used to prove most anything in the right hands.
    E.G. Some of today's fuel systems deliver a 1000 (yes, thousand) times the pressure of some old systems -- One could "disprove" the idea by pointing out that there are not 1000s of times more fuel delivery fires, etc., relatively.
    4. Robert is quite familiar with the fuel hoses.
    5. Bill doesn't need any help tripping over his own ...;-)
    6. People should leave Bill alone when he is correct and clear -- But he needs to learn to own up when not. Which would end 99% of "the problems"...
    7. Probably,never happen
    Last edited by Ron; 06-08-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Explain #4, Ron. If he was familiar with the fuel hoses he would know that the pump supply and return are both rubber at the tank.

Why does everybody persist making a mess all over my thread?

Why don't you all go make a mess in your own threads?

If you all want to write me off as the dumbest person on the face of the planet, go ahead -- you are fully within your rights.

But a couple of facts *PERTINENT* to this thread remain:
    - I can make a fully functional intake manifold from scratch
    - I have rebuilt more 2100's than the rest of you all combined -- I know that carb better than the backs of my own hands
    - Three owners have decided to ask me to help them carburete their cars before summer. They may live to regret their decision, but to the best of my knowledge they're not at that point yet

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I didn't post to make a mess but to help others in my experiences mechanically and otherwise.

I do not regret going carb.

I am not messing up "your" thread. Are users now restricted from posting pertinent information and debates as to such in a forum another member happened to start? Wouldn't that undermine the entire forum mission?

I forgive you Bill even though you don't forgive me and you seem to change the facts of the past to suit your martyrdom I still think we just need to put the past away and move on.
    Last edited by Lou and "Boo"; 06-08-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Why does everybody persist making a mess all over my thread?
    I, for one, was trying to help (the community). You can't seem to see that everyone doesn't read or write the same way and go ballistic or snippy when someone says/asks most ANYTHING about your posts, regardless of intent. Or ignore it, like you did about the low pressure pump being supplied in your kits...
    Maybe they are paying you back for the mess making you did in the past, since your attitude here has not been forgive and forget lately, as we all were led to believe it was going to be, this time, this round, this site.....

Why don't you all go make a mess in your own threads?
    What happened to you saying that DMCToday was your site...

If you all want to write me off as the dumbest person on the face of the planet, go ahead -- you are fully within your rights.
    I don't think you are dumb. I think you are quite intelligent. But, you can be an egotistical ass#@!# when it comes to people asking questions or presenting a different (often correcting) view online...since you asked.

But a couple of facts *PERTINENT* to this thread remain:
    - I can make a fully functional intake manifold from scratch
    Who said different???

- I have rebuilt more 2100's than the rest of you all combined -- I know that carb better than the backs of my own hands
    I doubt it -- I owned an alternator and carb rebuild shop for decades. Where do you think the huge pile of 2100s I offered Steve to give you when he and Alex was at my house came from. (He didn't even go look at them! ..did he not mention them??? Never mind...)

- Three owners have decided to ask me to help them carburete their cars before summer. They may live to regret their decision, but to the best of my knowledge they're not at that point yet

Bill Robertson
    Good luck to you all.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast