FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

Good news: Steve's conversion is boxed up and ready to ship.

Bad news: little girl who boxed up Steve's conversion charged two dollars more than the guys last week ($18.41).

The little UPS girl is scary officious, and I didn't want to get beat up, so I just paid it.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    2784

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by content22207_2 View Post
    Good news: Steve's conversion is boxed up and ready to ship.

Bad news: little girl who boxed up Steve's conversion charged two dollars more than the guys last week ($18.41).

The little UPS girl is scary officious, and I didn't want to get beat up, so I just paid it.

Bill Robertson
    Hahaha

PM me where to send you money and I'll get it sent out ASAP.

Thanks!

I feel like leaving a simple customer review for anyone considering a carb kit:

When I first bought my car (from eBay), it was totally stock and ran fine. It became my daily driver. Over time, naturally, problems would arise and I'd put forth the money to repair them. At ONE point, the car ran BEAUTIFULLY.. had more power than I even thought possible in a Delorean. Not long after, more problems surfaced faster than my wallet could keep up. The car wouldn't start and also left me stranded on numerous occasions. Frustrating to say the least. Fed up, I dished out the money for a carb and haven't looked back since. My D fires up every time, and the constant fear of being stranded is long gone. It just simply WORKS. Going on a 2 or 3 hour trip isn't a big deal anymore.

So overall, my personal experience with Bill and his carb kit has been positive. I don't "take sides" or discriminate against anyone. Just here to share my experience, and enjoy my car. I want the same for you, regardless of what's in the engine bay. Thanks!

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Nicely worded Drew. And although my dealings with Bill went sour, I feel the same about the reliability of my carb kit.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by drewguillory View Post
    I feel like leaving a simple customer review for anyone considering a carb kit:

When I first bought my car (from eBay), it was totally stock and ran fine. It became my daily driver. Over time, naturally, problems would arise and I'd put forth the money to repair them. At ONE point, the car ran BEAUTIFULLY.. had more power than I even thought possible in a Delorean. Not long after, more problems surfaced faster than my wallet could keep up. The car wouldn't start and also left me stranded on numerous occasions. Frustrating to say the least. Fed up, I dished out the money for a carb and haven't looked back since. My D fires up every time, and the constant fear of being stranded is long gone. It just simply WORKS. Going on a 2 or 3 hour trip isn't a big deal anymore.
    \
    So overall, my personal experience with Bill and his carb kit has been positive. I don't "take sides" or discriminate against anyone. Just here to share my experience, and enjoy my car. I want the same for you, regardless of what's in the engine bay. Thanks!
    Great post

Just so everyone is clear:

To owners of automatic transmission cars:

The full throttle kickdown microswitch must be installed and adjusted so it gets tripped/closed by the throttle mechanism when the throttle plates are wide open. That is the only way the transmission knows to downshift into the next lower gear. If your microswitch is broken, missing, or not properly adjusted, your transmission will never downshift while passing etc.

This is a setup picture I sent Steve last week:

SteveSetup4.jpg

Bill Robertson

If your microswitch is broken, missing, or not properly adjusted, your transmission will never downshift while passing etc.
    This is true for K-Jet as well.

Automatic transmission depends upon a properly functioning and positioned microswitch to downshift (automatically) irrespective of fuel delivery.

Bill Robertson

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just so everyone is clear:

To owners of automatic transmission cars:

The full throttle kickdown microswitch must be installed and adjusted so it gets tripped/closed by the throttle mechanism when the throttle plates are wide open.
    That is the only way the transmission knows to downshift into the next lower gear.
    Bill Robertson
    Not true...
    If your microswitch is broken, missing, or not properly adjusted, your transmission will never downshift while passing etc.

Bill Robertson
    Not true...

This is true for K-Jet as well.

Automatic transmission depends upon a properly functioning and positioned microswitch to downshift (automatically) irrespective of fuel delivery.

Bill Robertson
    Not quite true...

Actually, the Kick Down Micro Switch (171) sends downshift requests to the Governor Computer at Wide Open Throttle only. Normal/part throttle downshifts are handled by "two generators" (actually one, dual wound...) internal to the GC.
    Soooo, saying "never", "the only way", etc, W/O saying, "at full throttle/WOT", can be very misleading, IMHO.

If you want to operate your automatic transmission without a properly functioning or positioned kickdown microswitch, knock yourself out.

All I can do is make a bracket to hold the microswitch. From that point forward it's the owner's responsibility to position the microswitch and ensure its functionality.

Blaming me for a broken microswitch is like blaming me because you never used the toothbrush I provided, and now your teeth are rotting and your breath stinks.

There comes a point where owners need to start taking responsibility themselves.

I've done all I can.

Bill Robertson
    Last edited by Tamir A.; 07-29-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Legal request

Owners also need to take responsibility for setting their own RPM shift points (automatic transmission). I provide an attachment point on the throttle mechanism and a clevis to attach the shift point cable, but that's all I can do -- it's up to the owner to tighten or loosen the cable to get whatever shift points he wants:

SteveSetup3.jpg

Bill Robertson

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast