FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb Conversion "Kits" ETA March-April 2016

My VIN:    2784

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    It should look something like this.
    Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like -- no filter on the bottom. Thanks!!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
    no filter on the bottom.
    Incorrect. That thing you see that says "300M" is a filter. 300M = 300 microns.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    2784

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Incorrect. That thing you see that says "300M" is a filter. 300M = 300 microns.
    AH! Okay, its just a filter that looks different than the old style one. It looks like my pump has one of those on it (which is why I originally said "no filter" because I thought that was just part of the pump) so nothing to worry about. Thanks for the clarification

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yep. It's just a different style of filter.

Happy to help.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Bill,

Glad to hear that you are back in the "carb" game. I think that this is an important option for people who can not afford to maintain K Jet or simply want something simpler.

Hope you can dyno test the single plane vs the dual plane manifold. This would be fascinating to have specific D numbers.
    IF only one of the hot rod magazines would sponsor an issue on aftermarket equipment for the D engine (and other cars) that would be very interesting.

Considering how common this engine was, it would seem that some hot rod magazine in the EU would have done this in the past, but I am not aware of any articles on this engine. Perhaps some list members know
    of such testing, especially on the early carberated PRVs.

Again, glad to hear that you are back. I am also working on 2 full size power window kits. One is going into the "Dream DeLorean" under construction in Illinois. The other I will be selling.

Bob

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I have been meaning to have my Delorean dynoed. Im running a Peugeot 604 dual Solex system with HEI ignition and headers. Im also contemplating a set of cams. If I go that route, I will do a before and after dyno comparison.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    2456

Best option carb for me.new member from uk

Hi all, am a new member from UK, have just bought a delorean which is very much a project, however the previous owner who did a lot to the car replaced the engine with another prv but with triple dellorto carbs, the car has an auto box, and I would much rather have a simple carburettor setup better suited to the auto. I fear the setup on currently is leaning towards performance, and I just want smooth and simple.
    I have no desire to go back to injection, as all the parts are missing and lots been changed.

You guys over seem to have lots of info on such things, and I would appreciate some straight simple advice.

I have not driven the car and at present it will not run, it's trying to start, but as only just bought have not fully had time to evaluate yet, but looking at the setup, it seems way over complicated and not finished off correctly no throttle cable or auto box kickdown cable provision has been sorted out properly.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by Birchy View Post
    Hi all, am a new member from UK, have just bought a delorean ... with triple dellorto carbs ... and I would much rather have a simple carburettor setup better suited to the auto.... I just want smooth and simple.
    Hi Birchy!

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like a rather unique setup that you have there! Would you mind taking some photos?

It seems from the reading I've done, the best option is to pick up an older PRV manifold and match it with an Autolite 2150 carb. It's been done several times to the Delorean, which makes it easiest to get help and guidance with. I recently bought one of these manifolds, and I plan to use it if my K-Jet ever starts getting too time and money consuming. You're lucky that you're in the UK, as I think you guys get more French imports than we do in the USA, so your parts pool is likely larger. I found the going rate for one of these manifolds is about $200USD. Although one recently sold on eBay here for a lot more. I got mine for $200.

Your set up sounds interesting enough that I'd think you could find an interested buyer who IS looking for the performance, and would be willing to pay you enough for it to offset your conversion to a single carb.

I'd recommend starting a new thread in the Carb section here and see if people can identify what you have, give you an idea of what it's worth, and go from there.

There is a guy named Bill who seems to be the 'carb guy' here in the US who makes custom manifolds for use with the Autolite 2150's. He's more active on the other DMC forum, but I know he posts here from time to time. You can also find a lot of his tutorials on both sites, which have great information.

-Rick

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think this is Birchy's engine

02456-3 carb.jpg

the only carb'd car in the UK, I think
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2456

Carb

Yes that is a pic of my engine, it was taken before installed by prev owner, I would prefer a simpler setup.this is a pic I have installed in car, the plate holding the throttle cable is not on now, cable is not currently attached.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Birchy; 12-29-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast