FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Front suspension spring noise

My VIN:    1589

Front suspension spring noise

I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is causing a suspension noise that has developed after attempting a front suspension upgrade. I added Grady front lowering springs, Uding LCA braces and I also changed the upper and lower ball joints and LCA bushings. The noise is sort of a twang like sound like if you were to hit the coil spring with a hammer and I think it is happening on both sides. The noise happens intermittently and sometimes with small bumps and other times not. The same with large bumps. It seems to happen more when in a turn, but again not always. I tried removing the LCA braces to see if anything changed, but it still acted the same. All the sway bar bushings are in good shape. Any ideas?

My VIN:    6472

I don't have experience with this, but I remember reading in another thread here that after putting in new springs it's normal to hear sounds as the springs are still settling.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Put a little grease on the rubber spring collars. I had a Honda that did this, a little grease on the collar and I never heard it again.....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    10270

It seems like depending on the rotation of the spring when installed that it may occasionally rub the side of the upper spring perch. I know what sound you're talking about, it's kind of a lower pitched "bonnnng" sound. Eventually it went away for me. Either the spring rotated just enough to stop, or the spring self-clearanced whatever it was rubbing against.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection