FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: early working craig radio

early working craig radio

I have an early working Craig radio i will be posting pics of for ebay this week. The tuner, sisplay, and knobs function. Nothing broken. Will be testing the cassette player function as well. Open to offer, thinking around 450 OBO. Just a starting point. Very flexible on price. My email is [email protected] and number is 316-312-4242 as it is very easy to text pics and vids of functions of radio. Coming out of #4590 with 8,200 miles. Thanks!

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by SProfita View Post
    I have an early working Craig radio i will be posting pics of for ebay this week. The tuner, sisplay, and knobs function. Nothing broken. Will be testing the cassette player function as well. Open to offer, thinking around 450 OBO. Just a starting point. Very flexible on price. My email is [email protected] and number is 316-312-4242 as it is very easy to text pics and vids of functions of radio. Coming out of #4590 with 8,200 miles. Thanks!
    Just to give advice, NEVER put your phone # or email address on the open form unless you want never-ending spam.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    4941

radio

Hello
    Would this radio be a match for an Oct 81 car?
    thanks
    Charlie

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Hello
    thanks
    Charlie
    Yes. Oct 81 builds all had the Craig.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Yes, it is the Craig that has the display within the cassette tape flap. Tested the cassette player and it doesnt work. Not as interested in selling now, but if i did, the orice would be less, obviously.

My VIN:    4941

Yes, it is the Craig that has the display within the cassette tape flap. Tested the cassette player and it doesnt work. Not as interested in selling now, but if i did, the orice would be less, obviously.
    Hello again.
    Would you consider $200.00?
    Thanks
    Charlie

20160327_190818.jpg

Here is a picture, also have the working pics and vids while still in car. Cassette needs band replacement, i believe. I will do 300 obo. Had to re-list for sale

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Hello
    thanks
    Charlie
    The early radios had no clock. Once they added an integral clock function it coincided with removal of the console clock. Therefore Charlie you would be looking for a later Craig with integral clock on an October build. We have both available.
    Rob

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    The early radios had no clock. Once they added an integral clock function it coincided with removal of the console clock. Therefore Charlie you would be looking for a later Craig with integral clock on an October build. We have both available.
    Rob
    I've got an October '81 build and it has a dash clock and no clock function on the original Craig radio so I wouldn't consider it a hard, fast rule. It appears that the Oct '81 cars bridge several gaps because there have been other items I've been told are a certain way in my build time frame that absolutely aren't accurate on my car and it's 98% original.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I've got an October '81 build and it has a dash clock and no clock function on the original Craig radio so I wouldn't consider it a hard, fast rule. It appears that the Oct '81 cars bridge several gaps because there have been other items I've been told are a certain way in my build time frame that absolutely aren't accurate on my car and it's 98% original.

Cheers
    Steve
    I thought they were into the 5000 range by then but I was going on memory. The thing to look for is whether you have a radio clock or not making a console clock redundant. As I recall they were pretty consistent about supplying one or the other and not both or none. I'd love to here of any exceptions on an NOS radio car.
    Rob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast