Quote Originally Posted by ucfierocharger View Post
... I have decided to use the Leaf system because of this and the batteries. Obviously you're looking for a much higher output system on yours since it is the main drive. Have you seen what Jehu Garcia has done with his VW bus on youtube?
Taking on the Leaf system takes some guts - from what I've read it is a highly integrated unit and difficult to hack. I have been watching the Electric Samba VW project. I haven't landed on a battery design yet, but I'm leaning away from anything too hacked-up, just not sure how to explain why the garage burned down to the wife

I made some posts tonight on the "DIY Electric Car" forum about starting to reverse engineer the iBooster brake system from the Model S (with autopilot) and the Tesla 100% electric AC compressor. So far the AC compressor looks like it will be straightforward. The iBooster (a no vacuum, 100% hydraulic & electric) brake system is going to be much more involved to figure out.

This weekend I'm just hoping to get the front suspension back in the car. If everything goes good I should have one of those 'suspension money shots' by Sunday. I won't have the calipers in yet as I'm still powder coating them (a slow process with a small volume oven).