FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean's For Sale

Delorean's For Sale

Wanted to see if anyone knew of a DeLorean for sale that need a little bit of work. Not looking for something perfect because I'm looking to have something to work on. Not interested in a mechanical mess, but something that would be more cosmetic with light mechanical needed. If you know of anything please let me know. Looking to be in the 10-15k range.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Woj View Post
    Wanted to see if anyone knew of a DeLorean for sale that need a little bit of work. Not looking for something perfect because I'm looking to have something to work on. Not interested in a mechanical mess, but something that would be more cosmetic with light mechanical needed. If you know of anything please let me know. Looking to be in the 10-15k range.
    Contact Mike at DMC Midwest. He has a couple like that, not sure if they hit your price point but close.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Link HERE that might help you with prices.

P.S. Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Link HERE that might help you with prices.

P.S. Welcome aboard!
    Appreciate the pricing information. I used your pricing model on a DMC in AZ. The owner wanted 17k for it with 20,000 miles. Car started for the first time in 14 years, but he didn't have the cooling system hooked up so he didn't run it long. Based on the evolution he provided about the car it should of fell in the 11-13k range. The interior wash trashed because it sat out in the dessert for most of its life. After looking into all of the parts that would be needed and to have it shipped across the country I let the owner know that I was going to pass. I did contact Mike at DMC-Midwest and he has sent me pictures of a D that is street ready. My only hesitation is the amount of rust that is on the frame of the car right now. If any of you guys are interested in giving your assessment of the condition of the vehicle I'd gladly welcome the communities opinion, since I'm a first time buyer. Thanks so much and if you want me to put the pictures online here I will.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Appreciate the pricing information. I used your pricing model on a DMC in AZ. The owner wanted 17k for it with 20,000 miles. Car started for the first time in 14 years, but he didn't have the cooling system hooked up so he didn't run it long. Based on the evolution he provided about the car it should of fell in the 11-13k range. The interior wash trashed because it sat out in the dessert for most of its life. After looking into all of the parts that would be needed and to have it shipped across the country I let the owner know that I was going to pass. I did contact Mike at DMC-Midwest and he has sent me pictures of a D that is street ready. My only hesitation is the amount of rust that is on the frame of the car right now. If any of you guys are interested in giving your assessment of the condition of the vehicle I'd gladly welcome the communities opinion, since I'm a first time buyer. Thanks so much and if you want me to put the pictures online here I will.
    This is what I went with when I bought mine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098...1&sr=8-1-fkmr0.

Also you need to add in travel expenses to your figures. For me it took me $1,000 and a year to find mine in travel funds and time.

Welcome to the Forum.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    This is what I went with when I bought mine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098...1&sr=8-1-fkmr0.

Also you need to add in travel expenses to your figures. For me it took me $1,000 and a year to find mine in travel funds and time.

Welcome to the Forum.

--Doug
    Thanks. My wife bought me the book. I haven't gotten a chance to get into it yet. I've just posted a Corvette of mine to have some more cash so I can go after a nicer D.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Thanks. My wife bought me the book. I haven't gotten a chance to get into it yet. I've just posted a Corvette of mine to have some more cash so I can go after a nicer D.
    I know you don't know me but as others here can attest on here, Mike at DMCMW and before him Dave, are top notch. Mike (and I do believe Dave) included pictures and what to look for in that book. They are not your typical garage/dealers that will try to sell you something you do not need and will price you a D on what you can afford/want.

They are DeLorean owners as well, so apart from doing a good job, they are emotionally attached to help keep these D's on the road.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I know you don't know me but as others here can attest on here, Mike at DMCMW and before him Dave, are top notch. Mike (and I do believe Dave) included pictures and what to look for in that book. They are not your typical garage/dealers that will try to sell you something you do not need and will price you a D on what you can afford/want.

They are DeLorean owners as well, so apart from doing a good job, they are emotionally attached to help keep these D's on the road.

--Doug
    +1

I bought 1121 from MW. I worked with Dave and Mike (and Julee and Suzy). It was a great experience and I couldn't be happier.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I did contact Mike at DMC-Midwest and he has sent me pictures of a D that is street ready. My only hesitation is the amount of rust that is on the frame of the car right now. If any of you guys are interested in giving your assessment of the condition of the vehicle I'd gladly welcome the communities opinion, since I'm a first time buyer. Thanks so much and if you want me to put the pictures online here I will.
    There is a difference between surface rust and structural rust. Often cars have a full complement of rusty bolts and hardware but the frame itself is fine. Post your pics and we'll let you know.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"