FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1981 Socal car with ALL black int, EVERYTHING DONE and updated. Better than new.

My VIN:    01960

1981 Socal car with ALL black int, EVERYTHING DONE and updated. Better than new.

1981 DeLorean VIN 1960, auto, gas flap Southern California car. Everything fixed, updated, repaired, etc that should be done to these cars to make them reliable but also easy and fun to drive. Over $15K spent in the last two years since I bought it. No issues whatsoever now, can be used as a daily driver without a second thought. All maintenance done at DMC CA, DeLorean Restoration… and the previous owner (he passed away, I purchased from his estate) was a longtime customer of DeLorean One, did whatever service it ever needed, and had all the paperwork from there as well. Car was originally purchased at Beverly Hills DeLorean, and still has the license plate frame from it (pretty neat). Stainless is in pristine condition, polished regularly (and obsessively, just ask my wife) and also regrained at DMC recently.

Matching ALL black interior, including carpets, headliners, visors, etc in pristine condition with new seat covers from DMC. Binnacle custom recovered, but one piece so no stitches on the side like others I’ve seen. Genuine Momo leather steering wheel (the $300 one, not the knockoff; still have original in great condition). Stainless shifter plate, also DMC door sills and rear bumper lettering. All gauges and lights work perfectly, even the clock. New bulbs in dash. New angle drive. Updated fuses. AC was just recharged (conversion to 134 done) and blows cold. Dave “Bitsyncmaster” LED AC panel that matches the Kenwood head unit (looks very cool and modern). New speakers front (Kickers) and back (Pioneers), with Kenwood amp and Alpine sub (DMC enclosure behind the seat). It sounds great, not overwhelming (unless you want it to be). Still have the original Craig, which works! Also has Bluetooth set up so you can use your phone handsfree, but also listen to Pandora etc through the stereo. LED bulb replacements throughout the car and also new updated LED taillight boards from DMC. SpecialT ground cables as well.

Doors open and close perfectly. No rattles. No leaks (just had a big downfall here last week, no issues). New struts. Wingsaloft keyless entry with alarm and door poppers (a must have). New door/window actuators. New metal door handles which don’t break like the originals so you can’t get in the car (ask me how I know). Replaced all door seals/weatherstripping when I bought it too. Original door pull straps in perfect condition. Side mirror switch updated. Light tint to keep it cool in the sun (makes a huge difference).

Car sits perfectly on Eibach lowered springs and shocks. New bushings too. Handles really well, so much better than stock. Brakes redone with new master cylinder. Stops straight and true. New tires all the way around. New DMC fuel system. Had both the hot and cold start problems, both taken care of. Just had service with new plugs, wires, distributor, filter, etc. Car starts right up, runs great, never overheats not even in LA traffic. DMC intake. Spec 1 exhaust from DPI which looks and sounds great. Definitely makes a difference from stock, can feel it. Transmission shifts perfectly, no problems; DMC installed new governor. DeLorean Parts Northwest cooling system bleeder kit just installed. Notoriously rusty frame is completely rust free. Cleanest I’ve seen other than a new build car from DMC. Just look at the pictures.

You may be saying at this point, “Ok, something has to be wrong with this car, it’s a DeLorean”… well, there is a small crack in the engine cover under the louvres, but is reinforced. Also, I was considering replacing the bumpers with the new perfectly straight fiberglass ones from DMC. I had the eye brows flattened out before DMC repainted both front and back bumpers but still not as perfectly straight and smooth as the fiberglass. The only other thing I haven’t done yet but considered was Stage 2 / heads and cam. If I ended up keeping the car for longer, I would do it.

You often read about a car that “needs nothing” but then it’s followed by a list of things it needs... or it's been barely driven and waiting for all the DeLorean issues to pop up. This isn’t one of those cars. If you’re looking for a low mileage project that sat in a barn and never driven so you can spend thousands getting into a reliable, enjoyable car after you’ve spent hundreds of ours working on it in your garage or shipping it off to DMC, etc… then this is not the car for you. I did all that work and then some already… and paid for it handsomely. Yes, it has miles on it, 59K… but they are the good kind of miles. Miles that mean all the issues these cars have (and they are plenty) have been taken care of by myself and the previous owner. I didn’t want a car that never was driven or looked after. I wanted a car that I could rely on, and this is what this is. Driving it every day right now and it's fantastic. This will be one of the cars that people talk about having 100K+ miles and still on the road easily.

This was not an investment or a flip. I always wanted one, bought it, did everything that ever needed to be done so I could drive it and enjoy it. And now it’s time for the next car on my bucket list (NSX, Pantera, Stingray, Cobra) and for somebody else to enjoy this car as much as I do… but without all the work and time and money to get it there. Asking $29,900. NO TIRE KICKERS. I can show the car during the week near my office in Beverly Hills or near Culver City on weekends. Email or text preferred, calls will take longer to return. Sorry for the long post, but wanted to include everything.
    Attached Images
    1981, auto, black int w/black carpet and headliner, Momo wheel, Pioneer HU /speakers w/bluetooth, Bisyncmaster LED panel, Eibach springs, shocks, exhaust, wingsaloft

My VIN:    6472

I have seen Riley's car in person and it's absolutely beautiful. And that is one hell of a great price, this car will sell quick. Sad to see that you're selling it but I wish you the best of luck!

My VIN:    01960

Thanks Greg! Yeah, we haven't had enough time to hang out either. Maybe one last meet up at Bob's before she goes!
    1981, auto, black int w/black carpet and headliner, Momo wheel, Pioneer HU /speakers w/bluetooth, Bisyncmaster LED panel, Eibach springs, shocks, exhaust, wingsaloft

My VIN:    6472

Sounds good to me! Let me know which Friday you'd wanna go and I'll be there.

Probably this friday while you still have the car
    Last edited by Gregadeth; 03-08-2016 at 07:38 PM.

baldwinsusa
    PM sent

I'm interested I sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldwinsusa
    Please check your messages. Thx

My VIN:    4519

That is a very nice looking car!

My VIN:    Early

@ less than $30,000, great price for the work put into it!

Would buy it if I didn't have mine...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    5625

Where did you get that shut off valve for the coolant bleeder?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast