FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: new owner!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

new owner!

Hello to all,

I am Robert, the very new owner of #5450, and I have had her for less than 2 weeks now I just wanted introduce myself to everyone, and find a group of friends that shares my passion.

I am a 39 yr old male. Married with children, and also a new home owner.

#5450 now lives in my Garage, has had 2 previous owners who loved her very much, and is nearly show room quality (for her cosmetics).

Previous owner put 500 miles on her and the original owner put on the other 31,000. It has had its general matinence done but nothing more than that. I was told that she was mechanically perfect as well but I have found a few things out since then.
    Like:
    After replacing all the Struts the doors open very slow but do open all the way.
    replaced both window switches
    replacing defroster switch
    Replaced fuel accumulator
    Replaced Cold start Modulator
    Need driver side door latch adjustment as the car locks me out of the driver side
    Driver window is off track a bit, but nothing my elbow hasn't been fixing
    Automatic transmission not shifting. Shift computer needs to be replaced
    Some kind of leak under the transition area
    Oil Leak from the Lamp plug?

And I'm sure I will find some more

So, I figured there was a group of experience to draw from before I headed down to Huntington beach. I would love to do as much of this myself. So, if any of you out there love to work on these cars please hit me up and say hello.

I see you all have an even this weekend in San Jose. I would love to attend but from what I'm told, and how the Delorean looks, it has never seen the rain before. plus I have no idea how to wash the thing! Stainless steel cleaner and a rag right?

Anyways I'm really looking forward to meeting you all. If it does not rain this weekend I'll take the drive Down to San Jose.

Drop me a line and say hello!

Robert

Last edited by NewtoDMCRob; 03-09-2016 at 09:51 PM.