FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: No AC

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    So where does this Diode go? Where is it installed? Do you have a pic? Is this a tech service bulletin?
    I have these diodes kitted (wires soldered on and shrink tubing over them that I can sell. $10 if included with another order or $15 if shipped alone. I should update my price list to show I have them.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    The diode gets installed by the AC compressor at or near the connector. This is not a service bulletin, this is a solution Dave M found for negative electrical spike, the link to his original post is below.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...pressor-clutch
    Ah ok. Well, I do need to check all my grounds too. Just in case that may be the issue. Now that I know the fans will only kick on when the compressor is engaged or the coolent temp trips the Otterstat. I know My fans are working correctly. My fans are original, I have been looking at Delorean parts NW fan kit and I wonder if they will help with the current draw since they require less to operate. This should put less strain on the charging system and have the added benefit of Cooling the antifreeze Quicker with more air pull.

My VIN:    03572

Ah ok. Well, I do need to check all my grounds too. Just in case that may be the issue. Now that I know the fans will only kick on when the compressor is engaged or the coolent temp trips the Otterstat. I know My fans are working correctly. My fans are original, I have been looking at Delorean parts NW fan kit and I wonder if they will help with the current draw since they require less to operate. This should put less strain on the charging system and have the added benefit of Cooling the antifreeze Quicker with more air pull.
    I highly recommend installing one of the vendors low power fans. The OEM fans seem to draw more current then the wiring can handle as they age.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I highly recommend installing one of the vendors low power fans. The OEM fans seem to draw more current then the wiring can handle as they age.
    +1, I have DPI's setup and you can hardly tell they're running, original fans would cause my engine to bog down a little and voltage to drop.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    What is the clutch cycle frequency duration in seconds ON then OFF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The compressor runs for just under 2 sec and disengages for just over 3 seconds. Mode switch set to max AC and the temp is the same coming out of the vents as the ambient temp. The batt light seems to come on when the clutch disengages on the compressor, sometimes, not every time. I only have a low side gauge and it reads 40psi. When the compressor kicks on it drops to 25psi. Then it shuts off and returns to about 40 psi when the compressor will kick back on again

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What is your static pressure with the engine off and cross referenced to ambient temperature.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

CD22D1FA-4A38-4204-A54C-1DDE5D7B5AF9.jpg
    What is your static pressure with the engine off and cross referenced to ambient temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    So just curious.....if I decide to go with Redtek12a will I need to drain the system first or could I just fill it with the refrigerant/oil blend and see if the compressor kicks on?

I'm going to check around town, but if R12 is illegal I'm fairly confident that nobody will touch it with a 20 ft pole. So I guess that leaves me working on it. If that's the case I wouldn't mind trying a new product especially if it means that I don't have to replace anything to do so. If RedTek12a ends up shortening the life of AC components so be it. As it is, it doesn't work now....

Has anyone used this kit? It's on Amazon for $75 right now.

Oh, and just to clarify.....The low pressure fill is the one on the left (drivers side) of the compressor right? Is there currently a vacuum in the system?
    Yes I just purchased this kit from Amazon. And yes the low pressure side is the driver side port.
    I called Red Tek to confirm if this works with R12 and they stated it does. They just can't advertise it. Also My Car was converted to Red Tek about 4 years ago per the receipts from the PO.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What was the ambient air temperature when you took the photo?

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

What was the ambient air temperature when you took the photo?

it was 78 degrees

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast