FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2016)-Saturday April 16th- in Lexington NC

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2016)-Saturday April 16th- in Lexington NC

This event is for anyone that is interested in a gathering of DeLoreans. The concept is simple, we gather together on this day to have some fun together with our cars! This is usually done twice per year in the Spring and again in the Fall. At past events, I've had over twenty DeLoreans present and representing multiple states. While we have built a core of owners who always attend, I'm constantly on the lookout for any new owners or enthusiasts that want to participate. I have on the agenda this time to do much needed brake work, fuel system work, and perhaps a little coolant system work to my early car, VIN 888. If you would like to attend, please add your name and anyone you might be bringing with you. Also add if you have a DeLorean and if you want to try and work on something at the event. As always, if you need tires, wheel/tire balance, or alignment, I have access to a nearby tire shop where the shop owner loves DeLoreans and will take excellent care of your car for those services.

My VIN:    16882.

North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2016)-Saturday April 16th- in Lexington NC

I plan to be there. Seriously doubt I'll be bringing anyone with me...

My VIN:    1561

I should be able to make it, with my D of course. Happy to help on your projects, should I bring any tools?

Todd
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Nothing wrong with excess tools. Especially if you have something you think we might need to do certain tasks. We may end up spending more time at the tire shop to make life easier with the car on a lift. Just a thought.

I also want to mention there is a car that needs the sway bar swapped around the correct way. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. It was discovered at one of the previous meets and just needs to be corrected.

I live in charlotte area. I would be interested in joining in the future. I have a ways to go before mine will be road worthy.

Rob

Hello Rob. I still recommend you attend. It is always good to see other DeLoreans and ask questions to other owners to learn. I have had a few owners trailer the car to the event just so we could all look it over and form a plan for restoration.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

At this time Julee and I are planning to attend as part of our "Spring Tour of the South East" (which also coincides with some grandchild-sitting in South Carolina).

We (well, at least I) hope to do more of this sort of thing as time permits, as long as I promise that every vacation/road trip isn't 100% DeLorean content.

Won't be driving the DeLorean, won't be carrying much in the way of tools/parts but if there is anything reasonable (no windshields, engines, etc.) let me know.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    16867

I know I have stood you up the last two times, but I do plan on being there. You'll be able to see and hear the new stage II set-up installed by Dave Swingle to replace my old worn out turbos.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

GAH! Wrong weekend. I will be down at Celebration in Central FL that weekend. I guess i will catch ya in October!

-Mike
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Just a little over a week left until the date. Anyone else interested?
    This is a rundown to help me plan for those that have confirmed..

1. Me- at least one D
    2. Mark- one D
    3. Todd- one D
    4. Dave and Julee
    5. Dick- one Stage 2 D
    6. Tom- one D
    7. Walter- one EFI D
    8. Bill L- one BAE turbo D
    9. John P

I'm still trying to reach some other folks that don't frequent the forums.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast