FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: My DMC winter updates, refurbished steering wheel & car cover

My VIN:    10625

Wink My DMC winter updates, refurbished steering wheel & car cover

So when I got offered at stripped original steering wheel in this forum, I went ahead and got it refurbished with Alacantara leather with white leather center stripe and white stitching, I gotta admit it feels amazing to hold on to, so I will soon be switching it out with my original steering wheel.

Also got a new car cover from classic additions in the UK, they did a great job and it both fits and looks great IMO

I even treated myself to a vintage Delorean Owners Association truckers cap. Now Im all set for spring

DMC alcantara.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0745.jpg
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by drdelorean View Post
    So when I got offered at stripped original steering wheel in this forum, I went ahead and got it refurbished with Alacantara leather with white leather center stripe and white stitching, I gotta admit it feels amazing to hold on to, so I will soon be switching it out with my original steering wheel.

Also got a new car cover from classic additions in the UK, they did a great job and it both fits and looks great IMO

I even treated myself to a vintage Delorean Owners Association truckers cap. Now Im all set for spring

DMC alcantara.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0745.jpg
    I am intrigued by that steering wheel. Are you planning to recover anything else in the interior with the same leather?

Also a fan of that cover. Is that an indoor only cover, or indoor/outdoor?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I really like that wheel. If you don't mind, what did it cost to recover? I don't mind the wheel so much but I think the center pad looks cheap in molded vinyl.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I, too, would like to hear more about that car cover...
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I have the cover the DMCH sold years ago. It's the same stretchy material that wraps around the car with a soft liner. Mine is in dark blue and I would consider it a indoor cover only. The only issue I had was the dressing from the tires and bumpers wicks onto the cover and will get on the stainless. Nothing a quick wipedown won't fix and I do get over the top with dresssing.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Thanks for all the response on the thread!

The car cover is an indoor type car cover. I had it done by classic additions in the UK, it fits perfectly, lets the car breathe, perfect to have in my garage, to keep it both safe and clean from dust and other particles. It ended up costing 147 GBP

As for the steering wheel, it was recovered by the good people at royalsteeringwheel.com it ended up costing 135 GBP. I got the idea after watching an episode of top gear where I saw different new cars like ferraris, prosche, and lambs all with alcantara steering wheels, and wondered how a DMC one would look, so I just went for it. I'm incredible pleased with the result, I would still love to have had the DMC logo stitched into the pad but maybe I will get that done later. I can't wait to get it mounted in my car so I can't try it out for real.. And for more trimmings, I dont know, maybe I will have to wait an see what the wheel actually will feel like once in the car.

Cheers!
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.

My VIN:    03246

Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll post an update as soon as I get the steering wheel mounted