FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Dragon Con

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Get that Doctor Who coat by way of www.abbyshot.com ? They make some great stuff there! I had the privilege of being able to name one of their glove lines, and am the proud owner of two coats, a leather jacket modeled after the Rocketeer Jacket and a Matrix "Lobby Trench".
    AbbyShot is awesome. i first discovered their website c. 2002, when they were only selling the original "Lobby Trench" and a couple other items in their entire product line (remember the Blade trench?). in those days, all their items were custom-tailored only and you had to send in all your measurements. you could also choose fabric material (or leather!) and lining material.

ive always wanted one but could never bring myself to drop so much cash on a single article of clothing. there is no doubt in my mind, however, that they are top-notch quality. i did see a guy in a "Lobby Reloaded" c. 2004, it looked super-sweet. he was surprised when i asked him if he got it from AbbyShot.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Yes it's the abbeyshot Dr Who coat, however its an old one. I believe they've made changes to it since. (especially now that it's sold at thinkgeek) I think the newer one is darker and more accurate (which I actually wish mine was). It's still got the blue and orange interior, it just always seems a bit light in color. I'd like to find a way to darken it.

I bought it when it was only like $150 and now its like doubled in price.

Hey Nicholas, you coming down this year? Would like to actually arrange a dinner or something if you are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sphiend View Post
    Hey Nicholas, you coming down this year? Would like to actually arrange a dinner or something if you are.
    I'm not sure right now. This fall I'm starting graduate school and the school is on semesters, meaning they start in August before DragonCon happens. Last fall, because the school was on quarters, classes didn't start until late September, long after DragonCon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to break away this time around. I'll certainly let you know though if I do make the trip.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5