Thread: Dragon Con

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    6934 @ 6201

Club(s):   (DMA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dragon Con

Anyone going to dragon con next week?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Not I, but please takes lots of pictures.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Next week already? Damn, I'm in school in Brunswick, the pace is like a firehose to the face. No way I'll be able to make it. I barely have time for sleep, homework or studying.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

I'm strongly hoping to have 2930 rolling by then, for the parade.

If not, 2072 will still be there

--buddy

My VIN:    3390

I'll be there, 10th year for me. Doing James Bond stuff.

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by QuadcityDMC View Post
    I'll be there, 10th year for me. Doing James Bond stuff.
    What Bond stuff are you doing?
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

I will be there. Would love to meet up with some of you if anyone is interested. Planning to leave D at home. Parking isn't conducive (IMO) but some hotels like Hyatt might let you park out front for short periods. One of the ecto's parked out there last year for display purposes.

It would be pretty cool to have a good showing of local cars in the parade.

If anyone wants to meet up, PM me here and we can exchange contact info.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My VIN:    3390

If you search for DargonCon 2011 parade on YouTube or DragonCon.org you can see the Delorean towards the end. I'm in the Video with the WWII group as the US Bomber Pilot, walking next to the Japanese pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    James Tolkan (Strickland) is the nicest guy you could meet. I had already met him once at DCS 2006 in Chicago, and he was just as friendly this time. I felt kind of bad for him when we first got near the photo area because most people getting the "group" picture were only posing with Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson. James Tolkan was standing off to the side. When it was our turn for the picture and we walked in front of the camera, the ticket guy didn't notice or care that we specified all 3 stars for our picture, and so I called over to James saying we wanted him in the picture too. You should have seen him light up!
    I know that this is blasphemy but I was not all that impressed with Christopher Lloyd. Went to one panel with Tolken and Lloyd and didn't leave feeling impressed. I later had him sign my BTTF toy DeLorean and he didn't really say a word. Perhaps he is just shy. Guess I am just used to more outgoing celebs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My VIN:    5302

Quote Originally Posted by sphiend View Post
    I know that this is blasphemy but I was not all that impressed with Christopher Lloyd. Went to one panel with Tolken and Lloyd and didn't leave feeling impressed. I later had him sign my BTTF toy DeLorean and he didn't really say a word. Perhaps he is just shy. Guess I am just used to more outgoing celebs.
    Not blasphemy at all. My thoughts were very similar. I was very nervous on the way to meeting him, as the old saying goes "never meet your heroes," it was definitely a risk. If some celebs aren't too friendly, ok, whatever, but when you meet one of the stars from your top favorite movie ever, and the experience is disappointing, it can really ruin things and make you never look at your favorite movie the same way again.

It's a damn good thing I've read and heard over and over the last couple years that he's really shy in person, very quiet, etc... so the experience meeting him did not surprise me. Had I not heard all that beforehand, I definitely would have had a feeling of "geez, what was his problem? Not too friendly at all." But given my expectations, it went as well as it could have. After signing a picture and my BTTF book, he at least reached out to shake my hand, and listened to me rattle off a quick "honor to meet you, bla bla bla." I hated the time pressure with such a long line behind me. Even with spending such a short time with each visitor, he still could have showed more personality though. I went to his panel on Sunday, and enjoyed that pretty well. At least it gave me a feeling of having spent more time "with" him in person than just a few seconds.

The friendliest and most outgoing celeb I've ever met was Alan Ruck at Dragoncon 2 years ago. I walked up to him dressed as Cameron, and the whole experience was so cool that my friends and I walked away feeling like a million bucks. Great guy.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast