FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Where do you usually drive your car?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't drive it. It never moves from the garage.

3 5.17%
  • Point A to A. I drive it & then put it back in the garage, only stopping for gas or bathroom breaks

4 6.90%
  • Point A to A+. I drive it, but am careful to only park it somewhere I can still keep an eye on it

23 39.66%
  • I am ok leaving it unattended while parked and going in for lunch or to watch a movie

16 27.59%
  • I'll leave it unattended while parked at a restaurant, movie theatre or overnight at a hotel

13 22.41%
  • I'll drive the car, and park the car, wherever I want and whenever I want without worry

10 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you usually drive your car?

My VIN:    3937

Where do you usually drive your car?

I get asked pretty often whether I enjoy driving my car. I honestly do enjoy driving it (most of the time), yet I rarely do end up driving it. It got me thinking as to why, and one thing that came to mind isn't about whether I enjoy the driving part, it's more about whether I enjoy the stopping part. Parking it somewhere that is.

I wondered what others thought. So I made a poll that asks you "where do you usually drive your car?" Not looking to draw any specific conclusions or judge anyone for 'why' they choose what they choose, just simply curious what most owners do with their cars. I tried to phrase the poll answer options in terms of severity, going from driving the car never or hardly at all, all the way up to driving it all the time.

I know it indicates how you 'drive' the car and not just where you will park it, but my guess is that how we choose to drive the car is at least in part dictated by where we will be comfortable parking it.

Note: not meant to be a poll on what kind of insurance you have on your car, as we can all get insurance to let us do any of these options, i.e. limited classic car type insurance versus regular daily driver type insurance. Just answer as to what you have now and not what you might or could have.

Note: same too for non-runner cars if that is what you have. Go ahead and answer the poll if you'd like, but answer as to how you and your car currently are and not what you plan to do with it once it is running.

(I'll try and set this poll up to let you select more than one option, so pick all that apply if that's what makes sense to you.)

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3610

When I was a little kid my mom made me understand that you shouldn't touch things that aren't yours unless the owner offers to let you. Working in a music shop with $2000+ guitars and instruments has proven to me that not everyone was taught that, I don't trust people.

And the delorean itself is ingrained in many peoples minds as a movie prop, so to them it's okay to climb on it and take pictures.

My VIN:    6585

I easily solved that problem of worrying about where I part my car when I first got the car: I made it into a daily driver so that I'd be forced to take it out and overcome the fears of it getting dinged.

When I used to drive, aside from the regular daily commutes, I'd love to just go driving anywhere out into the desert, or up through the mountains. Though attention in the city was really nice as well.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    4665

I'm worried to be the next Delorean photo on social media with a kid laying across the hood!

My VIN:    6585

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend."

In truth it actually applies to any car.

Life is literally too short to live the entire experience in fear. Go out and drive your cars.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    3944

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean3610 View Post
    And the delorean itself is ingrained in many peoples minds as a movie prop, so to them it's okay to climb on it and take pictures.
    +1 I used to be okay with leaving it parked unatteneded, until I had someone climb on the hood while is was in it. I lost my mind on the guy.
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

For me, it's an A to A car unless I can be watching it. I've seen too many careless folks (even local shops) by now and spent too much with the paintless dent repair guy to risk more damage.

My VIN:    5757

I've owned mine for 3 years and only once have I parked it and walked away from it, and that was in an empty parking garage. If people molest it when I'm standing right next to it, what will happen when I'm not there?

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    "Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend."

In truth it actually applies to any car.

Life is literally too short to live the entire experience in fear. Go out and drive your cars.
    +1. Having sex everyday. I mean, driving my Delorean everyday. It became my daily driver after my Lotus got destroyed by an elderly driver. Same thing can happen to my DeLorean from A to A. I am enjoying it while I can.
    Parking garage where I park my car is next to a busy tourist area. Often, parking attendant ladies tell me that my car is the most popular car in the lot. Am I worried? A little but it's only a car and I have an insurance. Mostly worried about car breaking down.

However, if I had a $300K Ferrari..... I have to think about this.

My VIN:    5312

I drive it fine, and was for awhile my daily driver. I just parked far away in parking lots. If i was going out to eat id park where I could see the car 100% of the time

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast