FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean at New York International Auto Show

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Delorean at New York International Auto Show

I didn't want to post this until the car was signed, sealed, and delivered but now that it's done I want to mention that a beautiful very early VIN (0927) Delorean I purchased just last week is in the classic car section at the south corner of the first floor at the show. The Vintage Automobile Museum of N.J. invited me to bring in a car at the request of the shows organizers. It garnered a lot of attention while I was there. I will be going back to staff the display on Sunday from around lunchtime till late afternoon.
    I will also be there next weekend. If anyone is going to the show please look for the Delorean and if you let me know in advance I'll try to meet you there. Sorry no "new" Delorean's there this year!
    Rob
    Now if I could just flip these pictures around that would be awesome.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PJ Grady Inc.; 03-25-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Looks great!!!

EDIT: Here are the rotated photos
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Patrick C; 03-25-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Very nice Rob!

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Well done, Rob, and congrats on that early-VIN classic.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    1019

Looks like there is a Chevy Bel Air and a Pre war Packard in the background of the second photo.

Quote Originally Posted by MTDMC View Post
    Looks like there is a Chevy Bel Air and a Pre war Packard in the background of the second photo.
    The Museum had 14 cars there all of which were flawless restorations. The exception being the horribly applied body side moldings (Never should have left the QAC that way) on my car which I didn't have time to fix before the show. It's on my "to do" list for the car. Maybe Patrick can give me a crash course on picture orientation so I can post more non-upside down of some of the other outstanding cars there.
    Rob

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very nice Rob!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Maybe Patrick can give me a crash course on picture orientation so I can post more non-upside down of some of the other outstanding cars there.
    Rob
    After you upload from the camera to the computer, right click on the file..... It gives the options of "rotate clockwise" and "rotate counterclockwise" in the list. Of course you'll have to do it twice to rotate it all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
    After you upload from the camera to the computer, right click on the file..... It gives the options of "rotate clockwise" and "rotate counterclockwise" in the list. Of course you'll have to do it twice to rotate it all the way.
    Yes I've done that before but then the pictures are upside down on my computer. I was hoping it could be done in the forum's "manage attachments" section but can't find a way to do that? If someone knows the secret a PM would be most appreciated. I've heard at least one other person with the same problem recently so maybe it's not just me with this little conundrum? Anyway I'm off to the NYIAS shortly so if anyone is going stop by the Classic Cars section and say hello if you're so inclined.
    Rob

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Rob. On the picture issue, were they taken with Apple products? If so, you will need to take them within the button ( the one on the screen with the square on it) at the bottom for vertical shots, and on your right for horizontal shots.

Apple pictures include orientation data that allows their products to render them properly. But PC software can't ( or won't ) read this data, so the pictures don't display properly, unless you take them as described above.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast