FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Delorean at New York International Auto Show

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Rob. On the picture issue, were they taken with Apple products? If so, you will need to take them within the button ( the one on the screen with the square on it) at the bottom for vertical shots, and on your right for horizontal shots.

Apple pictures include orientation data that allows their products to render them properly. But PC software can't ( or won't ) read this data, so the pictures don't display properly, unless you take them as described above.
    PM sent.

My VIN:    6585

Hi Rob. On the picture issue, were they taken with Apple products? If so, you will need to take them within the button ( the one on the screen with the square on it) at the bottom for vertical shots, and on your right for horizontal shots.

Apple pictures include orientation data that allows their products to render them properly. But PC software can't ( or won't ) read this data, so the pictures don't display properly, unless you take them as described above.
    Well, that's not entirely correct...

Truthfully, it's not an Apple thing. It will happen with many other 3rd party digital cameras as well like Nikon, Canon, etc. when you directly import the photographs as well. So don't think that this is some sort of exclusive compatibility problem between Apple and Windows.

Microsoft apps refuse to read the EXIF data file included with each picture that records the camera's orientation at the time of the photograph, in order to properly orient it for viewing purposes. Every other piece of non-Microsoft software from Adobe to Facebook correctly reads that EXIF data, but Microsoft for some reason refuses to play ball. It's a Microsoft thing specifically, but if you use non-Microsoft photo editing software on Windows, then the pictures correctly orientate themselves.

Don't blame Apple; It's Microsoft's problem.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Robert,

No worries. I was just sharing tip that I learned on Apple products, as that's what I have experience with. I wasn't trying to blame Apple specifically. As mentioned in my post, it is a PC software issue reading the orientation data.

Thanks for generalizing the problem though. That's good to know.

Back on topic...... Rob, your car is an Instagram star! I see several posts in the last couple of days.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Hi Robert,

No worries. I was just sharing tip that I learned on Apple products, as that's what I have experience with. I wasn't trying to blame Apple specifically. As mentioned in my post, it is a PC software issue reading the orientation data.

Thanks for generalizing the problem though. That's good to know.

Back on topic...... Rob, your car is an Instagram star! I see several posts in the last couple of days.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad
    It can't be Apple's fault as I have a Galaxy S6. I'm not a fan of Apple's customer service however and ditched my I phone when they flat refused to synch my computer email to the phone because I use Explorer.
    It's good to know the car is an Instagram star....for 15 minutes!!!!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Looks great!!!

EDIT: Here are the rotated photos
    Thanks for the rotation! TM is the last day of the show and I plan on being there from about 2 PM till it closes at 6 PM. Hopefully a few of you have been or will be able to see the show.
    Rob

My VIN:    6120

Club(s):   (DMA)

Red face

Very nice! Is that nicer than mine, Rob?!
    ....Just say no and humor me. lol

Your no. 1 fan Connor still likes your green one best of all.
    " I find your lack of roads disturbing" ...Doc Vader
    --
    Finally found it... my personal dream DeLorean (6120):
    Deep breath -- "Grey Interior, 5 Speed, grooved hood/no gas flap, dark bumpers, silver wheels, no ext options (no pinstripes or black stripe), clock by shifter, rear antennae, built in door straps, Nov build" Phew. Bought from original owner (who babied her perfectly for 34 years) in May 2015.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post

Your no. 1 fan Connor still likes your green one best of all.
    And here I thought I was Rob's #1 fan...
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2