FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tire Inquiry

My VIN:    10201

I'm about to purchase some tires and after some digging I found a couple more matching tires with 195/60R14 and 225/60R15. Just noticed the "add different sized rear tires" on some sites.

These were rather easy to find
    -General Altimax RT43 - 65k mile warranty (these are what I will be going with after reading reviews)
    -Fuzion Touring - 40k mile warranty
    -Ohtsu FP7000 - no warranty found
    -Nankang SP-9 - 50k mile warranty
    -Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring - Depends on the variant
    -Toyo Extensa A/S - 65k mile warranty (This is what is on my car. They lasted around 2Xk miles) As far as reviews went, these had the worst wet traction reviewed. Since I daily drive my car, wet traction is pretty important to me.

These did not have the rear in stock when I checked
    -Falken Sincera Touring SN-211 - 80k mile warranty
    -Vredenstein Sportrac5 - no warranty found

These showed up on only one site I visited
    -Maxxis MA-P1 - 40k/50k mile warranty depending on series
    -Federal SS-657 - 50k?

I wanted to get the Kumho Solus KR21 based on DMC's tech page and the reviews, but I could not find a matching set from the same vendor nor could the garage that will be installing my tires. They found the Uniroyal tires mentioned above, but I hadn't heard of anyone putting these on. Searching Uniroyal led me to this post, so I figured I'd update with what is currently easy to find.

My VIN:    Midproduction

Did you try tiresbyweb.com? They'll fedex them right to your door, and have a very good availability on different tire sources. I don't make any commission for sharing BTW. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I'm about to purchase some tires and after some digging I found a couple more matching tires with 195/60R14 and 225/60R15. Just noticed the "add different sized rear tires" on some sites.

These were rather easy to find
    -General Altimax RT43 - 65k mile warranty (these are what I will be going with after reading reviews)
    -Fuzion Touring - 40k mile warranty
    -Ohtsu FP7000 - no warranty found
    -Nankang SP-9 - 50k mile warranty
    -Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring - Depends on the variant
    -Toyo Extensa A/S - 65k mile warranty (This is what is on my car. They lasted around 2Xk miles) As far as reviews went, these had the worst wet traction reviewed. Since I daily drive my car, wet traction is pretty important to me.

These did not have the rear in stock when I checked
    -Falken Sincera Touring SN-211 - 80k mile warranty
    -Vredenstein Sportrac5 - no warranty found

These showed up on only one site I visited
    -Maxxis MA-P1 - 40k/50k mile warranty depending on series
    -Federal SS-657 - 50k?

I wanted to get the Kumho Solus KR21 based on DMC's tech page and the reviews, but I could not find a matching set from the same vendor nor could the garage that will be installing my tires. They found the Uniroyal tires mentioned above, but I hadn't heard of anyone putting these on. Searching Uniroyal led me to this post, so I figured I'd update with what is currently easy to find.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I'm running Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires, which are designed by Guigairo. They are also made in the Netherlands NOT China...

195/60/14 and 225/60/15
    Nice. I've had my eye on a set of these. Would love to see a photo of them on your car if you have time.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Did you try tiresbyweb.com? They'll fedex them right to your door, and have a very good availability on different tire sources. I don't make any commission for sharing BTW. :P
    I had not, but they did have Cooper CS4 as a matching set in that size. They appear to be discontinued though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3