FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tire Inquiry

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi there,

I'm running Falken's as well. Mine are Ziex 912..... 195/60 R14 and 225/60 R15.

I liked the quality and value so much that I bought tires from the same corporate family (Ohtsu 8000) for my daily driver last month. So far so good on both sets.

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm running Falken's as well. Mine are Ziex 912..... 195/60 R14 and 225/60 R15.

I liked the quality and value so much that I bought tires from the same corporate family (Ohtsu 8000) for my daily driver last month. So far so good on both sets.

Cheers,
    Unfortunately, the 912s have been discontinued, but they were replaced by the 329s, which are currently available
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Are you saying Eibach springs start to sit lower over time?
    Yes. One car was inspected at the DMA spring social a few years ago that was extremely low in the front, and I remember some of the people inspecting the cars talking about it being a known issue and mentioning that there have been several revisions to the Eibach springs over the years because of it. That car had to have all of the springs replaced.

My wife's DeLorean with the Eibach springs has always been pretty low, but it's gotten noticeably worse in the last year or so. Last summer, it hit an imperfection in a PA interstate going 75mph and put a nice scratch on the frame. Under previous ownership, that car hit a rock that was in the middle of the road so hard that it damaged the car so badly that the front crumple zone needed to be replaced, requiring the car to be separated from the frame. That car and objects in the road don't have a good history, and hitting that imperfection in the road scared me a bit.

It looks good as low as it is, but it's getting too low for my liking as time goes on.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    Unfortunately, the 912s have been discontinued, but they were replaced by the 329s, which are currently available
    Wow, so they are! Thanks. I guess they still must have some stock online. I see they have the 950 as well as the 329.

Here is a consumer reports article on the 950 from Sept 2014:
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...buck/index.htm

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    Early

I'm running Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires, which are designed by Guigairo. They are also made in the Netherlands NOT China...

195/60/14 and 225/60/15
    Last edited by 81dmc; 03-29-2016 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Typo
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    1776

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see your comment, as it was probably posted while typing my other reply.

The Grady springs are lower than stock. They lower the front in order to match the look of the rear stock springs while keeping the spring rate the same. Grady fronts and stock rears are my favorite spring setup on these cars. With the 215/245 combination from BF Goodrich, I haven't had any problems with rubbing at all on my car. Of course, every car is slightly different, so your results may vary. I have seen a few other DeLoreans with 215s in the front, though.

Here is a picture of my car with the BFG RWL tires.

Attachment 41158
    This is great to know. I have the same spring combination on my car (Grady front, stock rear) and I like how the RWL's look. I'll think about the BFG's when I go to replace my Kumhos.

My VIN:    10155

Tire Kingdom, Uniroyal

I researched tires today and found a new line of Uniroyal Tiger Paw touring tires. They come in 195/60/14 and 225/60/15 which is the same size I have been running. Good looking all-season at a very good price. Anyone have any comments?

My VIN:    10155

Tap Tap Tap

anybody have Uniroyal Tiger Paw touring tire out there. They have the semi-correct size.

I wonder, whos making the lowest springs?

Quote Originally Posted by sprofita View Post
    i wonder, whos making the lowest springs?
    qa1!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast