FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 9 Pin Radio Plug

My VIN:    5433

9 Pin Radio Plug

I removed my Craig radio as it I want to send it of to be repaired. As the repair can take up up to a couple of months and I still want some sound in the car I want to replace it with a (cheap) aftermarket retro radio. I hope to place the Craig radio back in the car at some point and therefore don’t want mess up the original radio 9 pin connector.

I was wondering if it would be still possible to acquire the 9 pin plug which is connected to the Craig radio so I can use it on my temp replacement radio?

Pascal

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I removed my Craig radio as it I want to send it of to be repaired. As the repair can take up up to a couple of months and I still want some sound in the car I want to replace it with a (cheap) aftermarket retro radio. I hope to place the Craig radio back in the car at some point and therefore don’t want mess up the original radio 9 pin connector.

I was wondering if it would be still possible to acquire the 9 pin plug which is connected to the Craig radio so I can use it on my temp replacement radio?

Pascal
    New parts are hard to come by so I'm surprised you found a place willing to take it on? What is wrong with it? I MAY be able to dig you up a connector.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    New parts are hard to come by so I'm surprised you found a place willing to take it on? What is wrong with it? I MAY be able to dig you up a connector.
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

That would be great if you could find a 9 pin plug for me.
    The problem is that the radio won’t search the frequencies. I can still switch between AM and FM and the display is perfect but I just can't search the frequencies for any channels. I also think the cassette player need some maintenance.

Elvis from the forum has offered to help me with looking at the radio but due to personal circumstances he can't do that for a couple of months. That is why I bought a cheap retro radio as I hope to replace the Craig radio once it's fixed.

Thanks again,
    Pascal

Just to let you know that the 9 pin radio plug for the Craig W460 is not that difficult to find.
    Today the cable arrived which I bought from eBay. It is a perfect fit and now I don't have to cut up the existing plug.

For further reference the cable you need is the Kubota RTV 9 Pin Radio Tractor Plug.

Pascal
    Attached Images