View Poll Results: White or Blue Flux Bands

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • White

10 38.46%
  • Blue

16 61.54%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Screen Accurate Flux Bands (Blue vs. White)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Ok, more expensive to make as opposed to not possible ;-)

Either way you look at it, sarcy posts aside....the light is most definitely BLUE on the screen. That's fact, not opinion.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr2nut123 View Post
    Ok, more expensive to make as opposed to not possible ;-)

Either way you look at it, sarcy posts aside....the light is most definitely BLUE on the screen. That's fact, not opinion.
    The light is "Blue" because it was included on there during editing and post production, so I will give you that.

I can give an exact page when I get home. This is the definitive "Bible" that explains how the flux bands were seen to be "Blue", yes in the movie they were a light blue, but originally filmed (in the original RAW footage, they were white, white would be easier to paint over/edit than any other color). So the poll should say "What were the lights ON the DeLorean DURING filming". The correct answer would be white, not B-L-U-E.

Now if the question were "What were the lights during post production?" then the answer would be a "Light Blue".

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Ul.../dp/0062419145

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 04-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

I would imagine that if you are a stickler for what was on the car during filming, as opposed to the final vision of the production team, you shouldn't have working displays for the Time Circuit months, etc. To each their own, though

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    So the poll should say "What were the lights ON the DeLorean DURING filming". The correct answer would be white, not B-L-U-E.

Now if the question were "What were the lights during post production?" then the answer would be a "Light Blue".
    I think those questions are specifically NOT asked because the answer to both of those is obvious and not up for debate. Why even have a poll at that point?

This poll is about if you're doing a time machine conversion, do you go with white or blue.

Quote Originally Posted by burch View Post
    I would imagine that if you are a stickler for what was on the car during filming, as opposed to the final vision of the production team, you shouldn't have working displays for the Time Circuit months, etc. To each their own, though
    The question is "Screen Accurate Flux Bands (Blue vs. White)" Well with the RAW footage, they were white. The Bob's vision, whenever you read that book, was much different than what they wound up with in the movie (in any case). The lightning bolt was even debated about when the D was travelling back to 1985. The Bob's thought it was "Too thick" but did not have time to go back and change it.

Just telling you what I read in that book.

FYI, it is the Bob's who call that book the "Definitive Coffee book" of the Back to the Future franchise not something I made up. It's in the foreword by Bob Gale and Bob Z even stays it in the afterword.

The book is worth the $30 bucks.

--Doug

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I think those questions are specifically NOT asked because the answer to both of those is obvious and not up for debate. Why even have a poll at that point?

This poll is about if you're doing a time machine conversion, do you go with white or blue.
    I would go with neither but with a "Light Blue" then. But then would I be "screen" accurate?

R2

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    And that leads to the question of really what is considered screen accurate? In Star Wars (or a New Hope as it was later titled), R2's back right panel is silver, and then in other shots it's white. And in some shots his dome is dented, then it's not. Add in that the blue color changed from movie to movie, the HP's changed their color scheme, and so on and so forth. Unless there was a continuity person on set with a Polaroid camera taking shots of every single thing (most likely they were) and time permitted to get each shot/prop matched (less likely) anything you see pretty much that even changes from scene to scene is screen accurate.

The trick is to make it as believable as possible. I get dozens of people asking me if my R2 was the one from the first movie. I didn't plan on making him that screen accurate, but he just kinda turned out that way as that's what most people remember - and he just happens to match one or two shots in the movie, even down to the grime.

Just saw this. I love your R2 I had a Thompson silver queen vacumn (I believe slightly commercial) in the early 80's and my kids used to call it their R2 .Star wars was my husband and my first date. I went on later to work with bally,midway and Atari and Andy dukay (brought pacman from japan here) and then I became Mrs Pacman and the mrs pacman bride was made for me in honor of the new game preview and our wedding. Made the news back in 82 danced with a robot at the trade show in Chicago at our reception. You brought back some memories for me when I saw your r2 and couldn't help sharing this with you. Mary Ps I believe when I was much younger I was the only woman electro-mechanical lady in Michigan at the time. Cleaned and repaired lots of pin balls and candy machines. Loved the work.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6