View Poll Results: White or Blue Flux Bands

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • White

10 38.46%
  • Blue

16 61.54%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Screen Accurate Flux Bands (Blue vs. White)

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    How long are you going to keep it? At some point I'll bet this reverses, unless it's a "not so nice" stock car.

I'd also start watching the RESALE (i.e. next owner) prices of conversions, not the ones made for the first buyer. That is more indicative of market value.
    IMG_5713.jpg11891272_394873704045817_3357790464482833126_n.jpg12019817_405513812981806_7901733667237437348_n.jpg12038080_405513836315137_7757965031639077176_n.jpg12540723_430607250472462_9124588872588398689_n.jpg

Dave,

Thank you for that question. I am (Hopefully *praying), able to keep 5778 until 2045 (when I am 75). I am the second owner and bought it from the first on this site. The body is pretty cherry (no dings, dents or pits),

That is why I am having the quandary. I help raise money for cancer awareness. The D helped last year, but I was wondering if a conversion at some point in the future would raise more $ for appearances. I've looked at the going rate of stock vs. BTTF and even with the price of conversion it has held its value. I wish I had a crystal ball.

I like the movies but still am hesitant to make mine into a prop. I may get a 2nd one at some point.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Just leave me out of it..

I knew this story wouldn't disappoint.

Good one.

-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    I do have albums of all of the cars I have built on my facebook, https://www.facebook.com/bobspropsho...=photos_albums
    However, I didn't start this page until 2011, but I started by journey with the Delorean Time Machine in 2003.
    (I used to have all this stuff on my Myspace page lol)
    I started building BTTF props in the summer of 2003 before I got my first Delorean in November 2003.
    I began with the simple metal props such as the Drive Switch, Plutonium Gauges, Upper Console, etc., I also started my now defunct website bttfstuff.com about that time.
    I attended the 2004 Delorean Car Show in Pigeon Forge TN where I first met Claudia Wells, Andrew Probert, Bob Gale and others who helped me search for information.
    In 2005 I made my first trip to Universal Studios Hollywood to take photos of the A car and the display car.
    Early on I made a lot of my own parts out of wood, such as my first Flux Boxes. Other things were modified found parts.
    It wasn't until 2007 or 2008 that I got resin casts of the flux boxes from Joe Walser, at that time, I was part of their "Fight Club" and I was making re-cast copies for everyone in the "club".
    The entire reason I got into casting parts was that part of my job in the Fight Club to was to make molds and copies of parts that Joe, Ken and others would "acquire" and then I would
    make copies of the parts for club members at cost, all the while getting the parts for myself.
    This is one way that I managed to get a lot of my original source parts.
    Otherwise, I got lots of parts myself by making road trips to LA's Apex and other shops, as well as surplus shops all around the country, in AZ, Florida and other places.
    I spent countless miles and dollars chasing all this stuff down over the years.
    Other fans would trade me or sell me the things I needed in order to get something they needed from me.
    The more I had to offer the more I could get.

I will be honest, I am not proud of my first 5 cars.
    They were not very good, I admit that. I was using a lot of inaccurate parts and substitutions and they were built quickly.
    It was not until my 6th car that I decided to put some real effort into it.
    I was inspired by the replica that Joe Walser had build and sold on the show "Hollywood Treasures" for $100K and it proved to me that these cars could be sold for more if they were built right.
    Kevin also mentored me and guided me to reach within myself and do a better job.
    I made another trip to LA to visit Kevin and I stayed with him for a few days and we made this little video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2X_...ature=youtu.be
    * Look at all my other videos to see more of this history of my cars *

This was a simple demo reel, or pilot episode for what eventually became my reality TV show Screen Machines on the Reelz Channel.
    I showed this to the producers at Discovery Channel when I was on the show "Auction Kings" and they were impressed enough to come and shoot a sizzle reel on me.
    It took almost 3 years to get it produced and sold, we only did 6 episodes but it was an amazing ride!
    (the show is currently running in Europe and SE Asia)

Anyway, since I started doing this in 2004, one of my tactics was to horde all the parts I could find.
    When I was fortunate enough to find the correct parts I knew that I would most likely never find those parts again, so I would buy every single one of them I could.
    I caught a lot of flack for that as others insisted I share with them, but they didn't have to scour junkyards from coast to coast with a flashlight to find this stuff, I did!!
    This was the reason the Time Machine Restoration Team needed to come to me for the parts that could not be found, I donated them to the project and there are lots of my parts on the A car.
    The other function I performed for the team was building replica parts for them to trade in exchange for other parts.
    You see, there were other cars out there in the world with A car parts on them that they needed to get and I helped make that possible

After the A car was restored it became the new bar of reference.
    I took a million photos of it and we use this book of pictures as reference when we are building our cars.
    We have jigs, templates, molds and lots of reference material now and we can build the cars exactly as the original (within reason).
    There are some parts that can't be found again, so we make them out of resin, fiberglass and some are actually cast in real metal.
    We are just finishing up our 24th Time Machine right now and there is no end in site as we have a long line of waiting customers.
    My "competition" will never be able to truly build cars as good as ours for the simple reason that they don't have the stuff that we have.
    We have the ONLY remaining inventory of certain parts, the only known originals of certain parts that we replicate in our molds, jigs and templates
    and all the the other guys can do is either try to make similar copies of what we do or make substitutions.
    Our experience and volume allows us to afford to have metal parts cut on CNC machines, cast in real metal and have special electronics made for us that is only
    affordable when purchased in bulk.
    I am friendly with some of the other builders and others I am not, simply because we are fighting for a very small audience of customers.
    We have sold several million dollars worth of cars over the years and I am very proud of the cars we have been putting out over the last few years.

I hope this answers your questions!
    Thanks,
    - Bob

My VIN:    6125

There are zero Videobob parts on the "A" car. Most of Videobob's statements and claims are, per usual, wildly overstated. From his relationships within the community, to his role in Fight Club, to his accuracy (yes, still). If you know Videobob, enough said. If you don't know him and are thinking about hiring him, do your homework.

My VIN:    4519

There's a Fight Club in the community?? ....and you guys are talking about it?!

My VIN:    6125

Our builders group used to be called Fight Club and it (briefly) had a member named Bob.

Coincidentally, Movie Fight Club Bob, and Back to the Future Fight Club Bob both have bitch tits.

Attention Whore

The first hole is the hardest.
    Measure twice drill once.
    I think I sat and stared at it for an hour before I did it.
    Now, I walk up to it and poke through it like it is no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Videobob! Thank you for that informative answer. I will have to take the time and sit down to watch on YT and browse those early cars.

Not having seen the early cars except for your first one (your personal one? I guess), I keep on going back and forth if I want to drill into the stainless. Was your intention ever to keep your original D stock or was there always plans to convert it?

My reasoning on eventually to convert it is because the car is generally worth more. Stock price is about 25 to 35k whereas a BTTF D is about 75k. I just can't bring myself to drill the stainless. The rest would be fine. Just wonder how you first did it??

I'm a BTTF fan but also being from Detroit, a DeLorean fan (I drive by the GM Tech Center here in Warren in the D with the middle finger held high lol) so that is why the back and forth.

So in a nutshell, was it hard drilling the Stainless the first time?

--Doug

Attention Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    There are zero Videobob parts on the "A" car. Most of Videobob's statements and claims are, per usual, wildly overstated. From his relationships within the community, to his role in Fight Club, to his accuracy (yes, still). If you know Videobob, enough said. If you don't know him and are thinking about hiring him, do your homework.
    I have a record of the parts requested by Terry and Joe and what was sent to them and what went on the A car and what went on the Tunica car, rather or not you were aware of it.

Attention Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Our builders group used to be called Fight Club and it (briefly) had a member named Bob.

Coincidentally, Movie Fight Club Bob, and Back to the Future Fight Club Bob both have bitch tits.
    BTW, I kept a daily RIP of all the data on the sites, both of them, kept all the files, all the members information, everything.
    I have it right here on my hard drive

Attention Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    I knew this story wouldn't disappoint.

Good one.

-Gary
    You should share some of your secrets about how you got some of YOUR information about the Time Machine Gary,
    you know, when you used another members info to hack into our website, steal files and data and then Joe threatened to file criminal charges against you.
    Remember that?
    Maybe you remember the public press release that Bob Gale put out to tell you to "fuck off" and that you have NOTHING to do with any BTTF anything, ever, never.

Where as I have a written and signed endorsement from my Gale, you have THIS:
    BobGaleLetterToGaryWeaver.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast