FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: annoying buzzer

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    It's entirely possible I got something wrong on my diagram but I know my chime was working when I last had a battery in the car. Let me see if I can get into it and I'll confirm how it's set up now. I do remember I had endless problems getting a ground that worked correctly, and I was surprised when I got it working as it didn't make immediate sense to me. I do remember trying to ground a few pins and getting bizarre results from it - unfortunately I don't have a diagram of the internal circuit so it was a lot of trial and error.
    THANK YOU!!! Much appreciated!!!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    Early

I have the Jeep chime module in my DeLorean with the factory Jeep connector wired in. Only reason I was able to do that years ago was this thread.

However now that this thread has been revived, I’d like to share this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058M0TN8/

I ended up using that in my 82 Mercedes. Simply dissect any original buzzer unit, remove source of buzzing (relay), and solder the power wires of that new unit in its place. You then have to program the unit with loopable mp3 file.

It’s cool way to have a custom chime on pretty much any car that came with a buzzer.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My connector off a Corvette arrived this weekend. With any luck, this might get finished this weekend if AdmiralSenn can definitely show what wires he connected and where.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

BUMP. Any luck, AdmiralSenn?
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I have the Jeep chime module in my DeLorean with the factory Jeep connector wired in. Only reason I was able to do that years ago was this thread.

However now that this thread has been revived, I’d like to share this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058M0TN8/

I ended up using that in my 82 Mercedes. Simply dissect any original buzzer unit, remove source of buzzing (relay), and solder the power wires of that new unit in its place. You then have to program the unit with loopable mp3 file.

It’s cool way to have a custom chime on pretty much any car that came with a buzzer.
    I was looking at buying this programmable chime after seeing this video:

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    ... I’d like to share this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058M0TN8/ ...
    Building on the above post, the following guy created a custom circuit to replace the GM chime module:

Here is his circuit diagram: https://www.facebook.com/grimrepairs...71244360926026

The video shows how he repurposed the GM module to get the connectors but we wouldn't do that. You might want to cannibalize the original DeLorean buzzer or make an adapter to plug into the connector.

He doesn't implement the full functionality. No seat-belt buzzer or dash light warning.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I was looking at buying this programmable chime after seeing this video:

Hahaha a while back I saw a video with one of those "bitching Betty" chimes and I wanted to wire one in. They're pretty damn pricy though.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

This product (and there are other versions available the same site) has a lot of potential for BTTF, Chimes & horn applications: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2217

Here is how one guy customized his horns for various situations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv8wqnk_TsA

Dave you can probably answer this quickly .... Can you "Share" the cars ground/switches with the module? In other words, use the door switch to activate the car's usual circuits as well as actuate the module as SWXX.

One potential issue is if multiple chime events are triggered, I believe the module will cycle through them in the order the signals were received. An "alarm shower".
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    #4595

I used the older version of that board in a setup similar to this: https://learn.adafruit.com/audio-fx-remote-control The remote control aspect of it is lots of fun at car shows. The older board didn't have an amp so I bought one of the ones offered at adafruit and wired it all in to a speaker in the engine compartment. Each trigger plays a different clip from the movies. 4 on the remote and the others wired into the project enclosure box. Also wired it up so that I can have it make the door opening sound from the movie when the doors open from the Wings-A-Loft remote. Definitely a fun project and my kids love it anytime we are in public.

My VIN:    2607

I used one of the left plungers to connect an adafruit board to make a time machine door opening sound effect, and works great.
    The issue is that now I have a purple/white and a purple/blue wires hanging, and the seat belt light stays always on. (No buzzer on my car).
    Should I just tie them together? I don't want to cause a short circuit.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast