FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: annoying buzzer

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

HAHA

I was assuming Dave might expand to more than just a one - off unit for his own personal use and I was j/k about the Sexy voice part.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Farrar, No offense too you, But I'd Rather hear a sexy female Voice
    am i the only one who has the voice of the onboard computer from Star Trek in mind?

too bad Majel Barrett-Roddenberry died in 2008.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    am i the only one who has the voice of the onboard computer from Star Trek in mind?

too bad Majel Barrett-Roddenberry died in 2008.
    OMG, I'd pay for that.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

hell yes.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    03572

I've got great audio quality. Using a larger speaker than the 2.25" inch one I was using made a big difference. But I changed a few capacitors to reduce base distortion also. I recorded a song off a CD onto one channel and it sounds almost a good as AM radio.

Now I would put a micro on the unit so I can select the channel according to some logic of inputs. The micro would repeat the voice warning three times and then shut off. It would also power down the unit so it draws no power when the car is off. I would probably power the unit up with the key turned to on. You also need to synchronize some warnings after the engine is turned off and the door is opened.

This is a low priority project and I have not decided if it will be just one prototype or if I will make a PCB for it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I've got great audio quality. Using a larger speaker than the 2.25" inch one I was using made a big difference.
    Is it theoretically possible to Parallel tap into the Left Front speaker for audio? Or, would you have issues in the event the radio was turned on?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Is it theoretically possible to Parallel tap into the Left Front speaker for audio? Or, would you have issues in the event the radio was turned on?
    Good idea but I would need a switch to turn off the radio if it needs the speaker. I will have to think about it a few days.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There are a lot of great sounds that could be used from the BTTF The Pinball. It uses digital sound burnt onto a chip.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Good idea but I would need a switch to turn off the radio if it needs the speaker. I will have to think about it a few days.
    Why not just take over the speaker(s) with a signal sensor? Then you don't need to mess with the radio being on/off..volume etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Why not just take over the speaker(s) with a signal sensor? Then you don't need to mess with the radio being on/off..volume etc
    That's what would be needed. Basically I could put in a normally closed relay that drives the radio output to the speaker. Then when I want the speaker I open that relay and drive the speaker with my output. It may be to much trouble to put that function in the unit. And I'm not sure if you open the radio output to the speaker, it may damage or set a fault code in the radio.
    Dave M vin 03572

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast