FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delorean Specific App that Unlocks Doors?

Delorean Specific App that Unlocks Doors?

I'm sure other people have thought of this, but does anyone know if there's an app or if anyone is working on a Delorean app that unlocks the doors? I know they have general ones that will, but it would be extra cool if the app was made specifically for the Delorean.

My VIN:    3937

No, not that I'm aware of. I believe those engineers are working on an app that lets you put the cart before the horse instead.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

My Viper SmartStart app does well on its own. Photo attached.

Paul Brian and I had modified the artwork on the previous version on a jailbroken iOS device so that it had DeLorean logos and designs.
    Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

There's also this thread about taking a BlueTooth relay board and wiring it into the locking system:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...h-relay-system

If you ask me, just using a standard keyless system is better. Small fob is easier to quickly lock/unlock the car then a phone app. Also probably more secure too unless that BlueTooth board allows you to lock down which phones can pair to it.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    There's also this thread about taking a BlueTooth relay board and wiring it into the locking system:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...h-relay-system

If you ask me, just using a standard keyless system is better. Small fob is easier to quickly lock/unlock the car then a phone app. Also probably more secure too unless that BlueTooth board allows you to lock down which phones can pair to it.
    You need physical access to a Bluetooth Device in order to pair it with a phone or PC. So it's not like someone could just come up to your car and automatically gain access to the alarm system in order to unlock it simply by waving their phone at it.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    My Viper SmartStart app does well on its own. Photo attached.

Paul Brian and I had modified the artwork on the previous version on a jailbroken iOS device so that it had DeLorean logos and designs.
    That's awesome! I'll have to check that app out.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencereng View Post
    That's awesome! I'll have to check that app out.
    I have it configured for the big "Start" button to launch the driver door, and the trunk button launches the passenger door.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Never thought I would see the day when pressing a small button on your key fob was too troublesome. Now we need an app for that...which instead of pulling your key out, involves pulling your phone out, starting the app, let it load, press the button, hope the 2.4 Bluetooth pairing took and unlock the door.

Then you take the key out anyway to start your car.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    You need physical access to a Bluetooth Device in order to pair it with a phone or PC. So it's not like someone could just come up to your car and automatically gain access to the alarm system in order to unlock it simply by waving their phone at it.
    Good to know. When I first looked at this device, the directions were very vague on the pairing process (never mentioned pressing any buttons or other physical access to the device). So that was always a concern of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Never thought I would see the day when pressing a small button on your key fob was too troublesome. Now we need an app for that...which instead of pulling your key out, involves pulling your phone out, starting the app, let it load, press the button, hope the 2.4 Bluetooth pairing took and unlock the door.

Then you take the key out anyway to start your car.
    If the device could perform a function just based on the phone pairing, that could be useful then. Basically as you walk up, the system detects your phone and automatically unlocks the doors. If you have launchers installed, it could even open the door(s) for you. Now that would be handy assuming the BlueTooth range was just right and not for example falsely unlocking the door even with your phone inside the house. Safeties would also need to be added so it wouldn't function while the car is running. You wouldn't want a phone reboot to suddenly trigger your doors unlocking and opening while driving down the freeway! LOL

Years ago I also looked at proximity systems that allowed you to carry a fob in your pocket and once in the car, just press a starter button and drive off. But ultimately I didn't think it was worth the effort to install based on the amount of driving I did with my D. If it was a daily driver, I would be very tempted as I have something similar now on my other car and it's nice.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    Good to know. When I first looked at this device, the directions were very vague on the pairing process (never mentioned pressing any buttons or other physical access to the device). So that was always a concern of mine.

If the device could perform a function just based on the phone pairing, that could be useful then. Basically as you walk up, the system detects your phone and automatically unlocks the doors. If you have launchers installed, it could even open the door(s) for you. Now that would be handy assuming the BlueTooth range was just right and not for example falsely unlocking the door even with your phone inside the house. Safeties would also need to be added so it wouldn't function while the car is running. You wouldn't want a phone reboot to suddenly trigger your doors unlocking and opening while driving down the freeway! LOL

Years ago I also looked at proximity systems that allowed you to carry a fob in your pocket and once in the car, just press a starter button and drive off. But ultimately I didn't think it was worth the effort to install based on the amount of driving I did with my D. If it was a daily driver, I would be very tempted as I have something similar now on my other car and it's nice.
    In my day we didn't have cars that would unlock and doors open when we walked up to them. We had to push a button! You kids have no idea how hard we had it back then!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast