Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 706

Thread: Introductions!

  1. #691
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,688

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith View Post
    My name is Lee and I'm from the Tampa, FL area.
    Hello, Lee! Best wishes from Fort Lauderdale.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #692
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2018

    Location:  Auckland, New Zealand

    Posts:    85

    My VIN:    4273

    VIN 4273 at home on Waiheke Island, Auckland New Zealand

    Vin 4273 out and about in her new home on Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand. Her second jaunt since early October after a thorough detailing and a few odd jobs to do. Living the dream! Thank you to everyone for there advice of which I am sure I will need more of over the years ahead


    20181107_144925.jpg

  3. #693
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,987

    My VIN:    4877

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    Congrats and glad she's up n runnin.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  4. #694
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    271

    My VIN:    1623

    Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    Vin 4273 out and about in her new home on Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand. Her second jaunt since early October after a thorough detailing and a few odd jobs to do. Living the dream! Thank you to everyone for there advice of which I am sure I will need more of over the years ahead


    20181107_144925.jpg
    Beautiful! Congrats

  5. #695
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Houston, TX

    Posts:    704

    My VIN:    3341

    Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith View Post
    My name is Lee and I'm from the Tampa, FL area.
    Congratulations Lee, and welcome.

    When you get a chance, sign up in the DeLorean Owners Directory.

    Thomas

    ...
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

  6. #696
    Not a DeLorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Rochester, NY

    Posts:    2,285

    My VIN:    01049

    Hello, my name is Mike, and I am a DeLorean owner, communist, and porn star.
    -Mike
    1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

  7. #697
    Assbassador Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,604

    Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Hello, my name is Mike, and I am a DeLorean owner, communist, and porn star.
    A bit redundant. If you own a DeLorean then "porn star" should be understood.

  8. #698
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2019

    Posts:    6

    Happy to be here

    Greetings DMC talk! I am a HUGE Delorean fan and have been my whole life. Owning a DMC has been a dream of mine since I was about 10 or so, and BTTF had a lot to do with it. I am a huge fan of everything 80's, including 80's sports cars, music, movies, etc. I am in Upstate NY, near Syracuse. I currently own a 1986 Nissan 300ZX going on 16 years now (acquired in 2003 in FL). I have put countless time, money, blood sweat and tears into that car and I do most of the work myself. I consider myself a quasi-mechanic of sorts.
    As I stated, owning a D has been a life long dream, and that dream looks like it could come true in the near future. I am very familiar with the problems/quirks/history of the car as I have been a student of the DMC for so long, quietly waiting in the shadows for my turn to own the legend. I only wish I could have afforded one back in college in the early-aughts when you could get a nice example in the mid-teens. The Z is holding a spot for one in my shop.
    I'm not sure if I can clearly express what owning a Delorean will mean to me. Something I have been waiting for for over 2 decades. I'm well aware of all the 'faults' of the car and welcome them with open arms. The wife and I recently welcomed out first born child on Halloween (my favorite holiday!) so maybe I can pass it on to him someday. Or maybe I'll be buried in it?? HA Can't wait to take the little guy to car shows in it, I hope he turns out to be a car guy.

    I hope to gain more knowledge in the D and welcome any help from you vets. Thank You!

    Attached pics of the Z and a sign I had made for my garage.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 80S-4EVR; 02-01-2019 at 03:39 AM.

  9. #699
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,956

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by 80S-4EVR View Post
    Greetings DMC talk! I am a HUGE Delorean fan and have been my whole life. Owning a DMC has been a dream of mine since I was about 10 or so, and BTTF had a lot to do with it. I am a huge fan of everything 80's, including 80's sports cars, music, movies, etc. I am in Upstate NY, near Syracuse. I currently own a 1986 Nissan 300ZX going on 16 years now (acquired in 2003 in FL). I have put countless time, money, blood sweat and tears into that car and I do most of the work myself. I consider myself a quasi-mechanic of sorts.
    As I stated, owning a D has been a life long dream, and that dream looks like it could come true in the near future. I am very familiar with the problems/quirks/history of the car as I have been a student of the DMC for so long, quietly waiting in the shadows for my turn to own the legend. I only wish I could have afforded one back in college in the early-aughts when you could get a nice example in the mid-teens. The Z is holding a spot for one in my shop.
    I'm not sure if I can clearly express what owning a Delorean will mean to me. Something I have been waiting for for over 2 decades. I'm well aware of all the 'faults' of the car and welcome them with open arms. The wife and I recently welcomed out first born child on Halloween (my favorite holiday!) so maybe I can pass it on to him someday. Or maybe I'll be buried in it?? HA Can't wait to take the little guy to car shows in it, I hope he turns out to be a car guy.

    I hope to gain more knowledge in the D and welcome any help from you vets. Thank You!

    Attached pics of the Z and a sign I had made for my garage.
    Welcome to the forum! There are very helpful people here and a wealth of knowledge. Congrats on the arrival of your child.
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  10. #700
    Assbassador Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,604

    Quote Originally Posted by 80S-4EVR View Post
    Greetings DMC talk! I am a HUGE Delorean fan and have been my whole life. Owning a DMC has been a dream of mine since I was about 10 or so, and BTTF had a lot to do with it. I am a huge fan of everything 80's, including 80's sports cars, music, movies, etc. I am in Upstate NY, near Syracuse. I currently own a 1986 Nissan 300ZX going on 16 years now (acquired in 2003 in FL). I have put countless time, money, blood sweat and tears into that car and I do most of the work myself. I consider myself a quasi-mechanic of sorts.
    As I stated, owning a D has been a life long dream, and that dream looks like it could come true in the near future. I am very familiar with the problems/quirks/history of the car as I have been a student of the DMC for so long, quietly waiting in the shadows for my turn to own the legend. I only wish I could have afforded one back in college in the early-aughts when you could get a nice example in the mid-teens. The Z is holding a spot for one in my shop.
    I'm not sure if I can clearly express what owning a Delorean will mean to me. Something I have been waiting for for over 2 decades. I'm well aware of all the 'faults' of the car and welcome them with open arms. The wife and I recently welcomed out first born child on Halloween (my favorite holiday!) so maybe I can pass it on to him someday. Or maybe I'll be buried in it?? HA Can't wait to take the little guy to car shows in it, I hope he turns out to be a car guy.

    I hope to gain more knowledge in the D and welcome any help from you vets. Thank You!

    Attached pics of the Z and a sign I had made for my garage.
    Wow, your post reminds me so much of my post I made about 12 or 13 years ago. Took me a few more years but I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary with my DeLorean. I also had a Z car at the time, wish I could have kept it, but I only had enough garage for one and rental garages were expensive. I wasn't going to let either one sit outside so I reluctantly sold it. Mine was a 1991 and just flawless, yours looks very nice too. Always had a soft spot for Z-31's, the seemed like the last incarnation of what a true Z car was. My Z-32 is and will always be my favorite, but it deviated from tradition which wasn't a bad thing but it seemed like Nissan never found itself afterward. Still miss her a lot though and those beautiful evenings after work. Just pull the t tops out and cruise till after sundown. I ofter catch myself looking at Z-32's on ebay just for old times sake, best road car I ever owned.

    Here are a few shots of my old baby:
    300z5.jpg300zx7.jpgDSCF0053.jpg300z1.jpg

    Anyway welcome! Your mentality sounds a lot like mine was and I am sure you will enjoy your future DeLorean with your son. My buddy Christian and his son do everything in theirs (notice I said "theirs" ).

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •