FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC1Day4Me View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Mike. I have already chatted with some of you in my post in the General section, but I thought I'd introduce myself here as well. I've been a forum member for some time now (even back on the old board), but having not been an owner I suppose I never felt like I had much that was worth contributing. As some of you know, however, I recently became the proud owner of 2861! As I said in my other post (as well as in response to some of the PMs I have received), I am thoroughly impressed with the level of camaraderie and support that exists on this board (and the D community in general), and I am really happy that I am able to be a part of it. I will do my best to post pics/updates as things move forward, and I'm sure I'll be seeking advice on the regular!

Welcome to the Stainless Dome Mike. looking forward to hearing more about your car.

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Just wondering if it would be a good idea to set up a goggle type map that shows each owners exact location. It really would help us to find each other if GPS data was included. Only down side may be disclosing where cars are to the wrong people. What do you think?
    The DeLorean Eurotec forum does something like this

http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/m...s=no&map=world

I had pointed Sean at this a while ago and he had started looking into it, but not sure how far he had gotten.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That's not a bad idea, depending on how many people would want to participate. I have experience coding something like this, as several years ago I wrote a travel map for my website using the Google Maps API to document the places I've been. I might be able to adapt something similar for this purpose.

I could put it on my site and make it membership-based specifically for users of dmctalk.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    05457

Great idea! It would essentially be a map version of the DeLorean Owners Directory. That could be used as the starting point, or it could be a partner project. I wonder if the owner of the DOD would has any interest in working with you on something like this.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Great idea! It would essentially be a map version of the DeLorean Owners Directory. That could be used as the starting point, or it could be a partner project. I wonder if the owner of the DOD would has any interest in working with you on something like this.
    Well, I think the idea was to plot the locations of active DMCTalk users (and obviously their cars) rather than a full-on owners directory map.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3502

NEW guy here

Ill start by saying my name is Eric, and that I live in Las Vegas, Im thinking about buying a delorean however ive never seen one on the road or sat in one(cant really justify buying one if ive never seen one in the "wild"). that being said I was wondering if anyone in the Vegas area has one that maybe I could look at/sit in or go for a drive, you can drive I just want to know if I really want to go forward and hunt one down to buy. I cant imagine that there isnt at lease one in the city looking forward to any help thanks in advance.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Welcome to the board, Eric! There are definitely a few people with cars in the Las Vegas area. We have a regional board specifically for Las Vegas area members, so maybe one of them can set u up. Enjoy the forum!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Howdy!

I'm a 24 year old computer tech, who, up until recently didn't pay much attention to cars outside of regular maintenance for mine. Then, a local area auto trader displayed a DeLorean for sale, and I was hooked BAD. I wanted to buy it, and it was only $11,000, but I didn't have the money. Some Australian beat me to purchase. But it sparked something. I want a DeLorean. My hands itch to tinker, to get under the hood, find out what's what, and just to own that beautiful stainless steel work of art. So, I joined this forum in the hopes of starting on that path. I want to learn as much as I can about the car, it's design, design flaws, the man who dreamed it up, etc. And I want to BUILD my own DeLorean.

Welcome to the forum.

I would not recommend building a DeLorean. Buy one that needs restoration if you want a project where you get your hands dirty, but don't plan on building one. It's not realistic.
    - Chris

what

+1
    I'm thinking it would be cheaper to buy a new Vette...

My VIN:    10985

Greetings From New Zealand

Hi All,

I'm Peter, and I run the "Kiwi DeLorean Registry", here in New Zealand.

I Will be keeping an eye in the "for sale" section as I am currently saving for a DeLorean, so far I have around $16,000USD and am managing to put around $1000USD away per fortnight and a boost of around $1,800USD per month as well.

I may post a wanted ad after I have saved a little more, my goal is to save $25,000USD plus $5000NZD for shipping.

Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast