FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Introductions!

I see the packers flag in the man cave. Are you cheesehead transplant?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I see the packers flag in the man cave. Are you cheesehead transplant?
    No. Not really a football fan, but one of my friends plays for the Packers (or did, I think he just got traded). That is a painting I am doing for him.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Wow, that's really cool that you can paint like that. I take it your friend is Ryan Taylor.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Wow, that's really cool that you can paint like that. I take it your friend is Ryan Taylor.
    Thanks, Man. Ryan is a good dude. Hopefully, he can get some more playing time.

My VIN:    4595

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hello,

Just wanting to introduce myself as the new owner of 4595. I live in Stanwood WA and have been studying Deloreans for a while (and lurking on the boards) learning everything I could. My intentions were to pick up a car sometime next year but a few weeks ago this one popped up on Craigslist locally. It was a great deal from a private owner who had owned the car for 14 years. It had been driven very little in that time but a few years ago DMC Northwest went through the fuel system and sorted everything out plus they installed a new windshield and did some other minor work. It runs and drives great and I drove it home the day I bought it. The last couple of weeks I have been fixing a few issues like getting the heater working (fan switch) fixing the wipers (very important here in the Northwest!) and did some cooling system upgrades. Toby at DMC Northwest has been SUPER helpful and I spent a few hours at his shop buying some parts and he spent a lot of time showing me things to look for and some items I would want to upgrade.

I really just wanted some kind of "classic" car to play with and landed on the Delorean by chance (was looking at British sports cars). I am very pleased with my choice! So far it seems reasonably easy to work on (well - except for that leaky heater hose I found today!), the other owners up here I have met are very friendly and parts seem plentiful and reasonably priced. I plan on just having fun with this car! It's by no means a show car and I plan on driving for fun whenever I can. Will probably do some performance type upgrades but that's for later. I have really found a lot of helpful information here on this forum and hope in the future to be a helpful member.

Bob Jacobsen

Delorean Small.jpg

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsenra View Post
    Hello,

Just wanting to introduce myself as the new owner of 4595. I live in Stanwood WA and have been studying Deloreans for a while (and lurking on the boards) learning everything I could. My intentions were to pick up a car sometime next year but a few weeks ago this one popped up on Craigslist locally. It was a great deal from a private owner who had owned the car for 14 years. It had been driven very little in that time but a few years ago DMC Northwest went through the fuel system and sorted everything out plus they installed a new windshield and did some other minor work. It runs and drives great and I drove it home the day I bought it. The last couple of weeks I have been fixing a few issues like getting the heater working (fan switch) fixing the wipers (very important here in the Northwest!) and did some cooling system upgrades. Toby at DMC Northwest has been SUPER helpful and I spent a few hours at his shop buying some parts and he spent a lot of time showing me things to look for and some items I would want to upgrade.

I really just wanted some kind of "classic" car to play with and landed on the Delorean by chance (was looking at British sports cars). I am very pleased with my choice! So far it seems reasonably easy to work on (well - except for that leaky heater hose I found today!), the other owners up here I have met are very friendly and parts seem plentiful and reasonably priced. I plan on just having fun with this car! It's by no means a show car and I plan on driving for fun whenever I can. Will probably do some performance type upgrades but that's for later. I have really found a lot of helpful information here on this forum and hope in the future to be a helpful member.

Bob Jacobsen

Delorean Small.jpg

Welcome Bob! If you haven't already, I suggest you join the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club.

You're going to have a lot of fun here and on the road.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4519

Looks like good times ahead, Bob...welcome!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Welcome to the forum Bob and congratulation on your purchase

My VIN:    06369

Well, I've been floating around here for a few weeks, so I guess I'll throw out a formal post here. After years of thinking about it, I purchased 6369 from DMCFL in November. My initial intention was to just look a few over and chat a bit, but this jumped out at me and I had to make a deal. 6900 miles, Nov 1981, grey 5 speed, grooved hood, full service records in beautiful, fully original condition. The only additions were cruise control and new door struts, and the undercarriage has been treated with whatever that black gooey concoction stuff is that people use up north (it came from Michigan via Indiana). For me, that's a good thing, because I plan on using this as a daily summer driver. Unfortunately, it will continue to live in Florida until the winter passes up here in the Boston area. However, while it's still enjoying the warmth, it'll get new hoses (preventive), new window motors (preventive), new tires (still has the original, but Tony is going to trade me those for new tires since this won't be a concurs car), and the Eibach kit. Plans are already underway to replace the stereo system as Bluetooth and XMRadio are a must for me with my work commute.

As for me, I'm a pediatric dentist with 2 kids and a history of all sorts of hobbies...replica movie props, modding my 350z (whose sale funded part of 6369), collecting Star Wars toys, but now I mainly play tennis and restore and collect arcade and pinball games. I don't have a lot of automobile knowledge, but I'm not afraid to learn or try things. However, part of the reason I wanted to get one from DMC was so that they could go over it and limit the probability of having major issues. I want to spend more time driving and less time fixing...if that's possible.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Jedidentist View Post
    Well, I've been floating around here for a few weeks, so I guess I'll throw out a formal post here. After years of thinking about it, I purchased 6369 from DMCFL in November. My initial intention was to just look a few over and chat a bit, but this jumped out at me and I had to make a deal. 6900 miles, Nov 1981, grey 5 speed, grooved hood, full service records in beautiful, fully original condition. The only additions were cruise control and new door struts, and the undercarriage has been treated with whatever that black gooey concoction stuff is that people use up north (it came from Michigan via Indiana). For me, that's a good thing, because I plan on using this as a daily summer driver. Unfortunately, it will continue to live in Florida until the winter passes up here in the Boston area. However, while it's still enjoying the warmth, it'll get new hoses (preventive), new window motors (preventive), new tires (still has the original, but Tony is going to trade me those for new tires since this won't be a concurs car), and the Eibach kit. Plans are already underway to replace the stereo system as Bluetooth and XMRadio are a must for me with my work commute.

As for me, I'm a pediatric dentist with 2 kids and a history of all sorts of hobbies...replica movie props, modding my 350z (whose sale funded part of 6369), collecting Star Wars toys, but now I mainly play tennis and restore and collect arcade and pinball games. I don't have a lot of automobile knowledge, but I'm not afraid to learn or try things. However, part of the reason I wanted to get one from DMC was so that they could go over it and limit the probability of having major issues. I want to spend more time driving and less time fixing...if that's possible.

Derek

Pretty Cool! Welcome to the community! You will have a ton of fun and never be shy to ask questions on this forum. I am an owner for nearly a year and this forum and its members helped me so much over the year. And check out if there is a local club to join. TechSessions are the best!
    Congratulations on your purchase!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast