Good to see another MN owner here! You should try to make it out to the Apple Orchard in Buffalo on Sept 25th....

Since this stickyed thread is different from the original new introductions thread created when dmctalk.org first came online, I will repost my original introduction here....

Eh, might as well give a briefer since I think there are a bunch of new people here...

Name is Jim Reeve. Live in Minnesota. Owned 06960 since 2000, had 27,000 miles. Car now has somewhere between 110,000 and 120,000 miles on it. I've driven it across country to 3 distant DCS's (Memphis '02, Pigeon Forge '04, Lexington '10), 1 close DCS (Chicago '06), and two other DeLorean events (DMCH Open House '01, DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Foliage Tour '02). Car is typically a daily driver during the summertime.

Had an engine failure in '08 (which is why I missed DCS Gettysburg '08 ). Engine was dumping coolant into the oil pan through a cylinder liner base gasket. Rebuilt the engine in '09 (had a huge thread about this, hopefully it returns), while building it up as a home-built Stage II.5 at the same time. Engine has high compression pistons (DMCEu), milled heads (to further increase compression), ported heads, fast cams (DMCEu), fully balanced rotating assembly (safely get higher RPMs), lightened flywheel, DMC's Stage I all-stainless exhaust, and a "modified" bit of the exhaust. In '10 I went a step further, and removed the K-Jet system and installed a home-built Megasquirt EFI system using an intake manifold, injectors, fuel rails, and TB from a Z7U PRV (from Europe). Also in '10 the stock suspension got a major overhaul with polyurethane bushing all around, Spax shocks, and DCUK front lowering springs.

I have done nearly all service on the car myself (or with assistance of others) in the time I've owned it. Only exception was a transmission inspection done by Dave Swingle while doing the clutch. I'm always willing to assist other owners on their cars, and have even been known from time to time to drive or fly across country to do so. I've seriously pondered opening up my own DeLorean service facility, but have never done so.

It seems I'm always working on or tweaking something on the car. In the past I've installed a temp/compass display into the headliner, added some switches and buttons, to make a fully integrated overhead console. Rebuilt the entire A/C system with 100% new components except evaporator. I'm also the only one who has managed to bend a Toby TAB. Topped off the car at 125mph back with the stock engine/suspension setup. Have yet to test it out after the rebuild. Two upcoming projects on my own car are making heated AND cooled seats using new custom-ordered all grey perforated seat covers from DMC. I'm also working to change the center console armrest to look more like the early Pilot cars, except in place of an ashtray will be cupholders.

A major project which I'm still just getting started on is a complete replacement of the instrument cluster with new digital stepper-motor driven gauges. It will be LED backlit in a fashion to match the appearance of the A/C panel yet retain an entirely stock appearance to the original cluster. Will have a 140mph speedometer, an electronic pickup for the speedometer to replace the angle drive, and all gauges will be digitally controlled with much more precision than the original analog gauges. Possible value-adds might be compatibility with a universal fuel level sender, and using the LAMBDA light as an additional overheat indicator. This is a project which I'm hoping to be able to produce in numbers and resell to the rest of the DeLorean community.