FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Toro8

Introduction 5162 coming home soon

Hi My name is John near KC. 5162 should get dropped off at my house tommorow night. Has not been driven in a long time. I have known the owner since 1990 and he has finally decided to let go of it. It will be a bit of a project but nothing that I can't handle. I look forward to having a reveal party when I get it driveable again.
    John near KC

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome John...Hope you'll make a thread on your project so we can all follow along..with lots of pics
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Engineer

Hello and welcome all!

I'm Marek, electrical engineer working in automotive industry in UK. DeLorean enthusiast for over 15 years. This affection actually decided about my career (it was a destiny!).
    After attending few meetings over years and helping friend fixing his DeLorean I finally got money saved to buy my D and start restoring it (that money is also secured). My garage is fully equipped and some restoration including designing, welding and fabricating new parts done.
    I'm looking for project car or rather a donor car. I'm planning to fit newer version of PRV with EFI and refresh interior (electric seats, new gauges). I'm quite sure you are all tired of people looking for project cars, but I'm qualified and been planning this for last 10 years I don't want working car as it would be shame to modify it drastically. I need the one that I can save from being sold for parts and help to reborn as better DeLorean. I'm only not interested in ones after fire or serious accidents.
    I do work in R&D where we design cars,so please do not ignore my posts in this forum as I'm not a dreamer, I'm a doer!

Cheers!
    --------

Marek
    Reinsch Engineering Limited (UK)
    restomod #vin4454
    Build HERE

Welcome Marek....good luck finding a car that you can fix up...lots out there
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Welcome Marek! I'm anticipating your possible build thread.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Introduction

Hello, My name is Brian and I just bought a 1981 DMC-12. The car appeared to be in amazing shape. As I dig through it it still needs a lot. The motor was in pieces. Missing valve covers, oil pan intake tubes. Probably more but I gave up and bought a 3.0 1991 Eagle Premier motor. Now I'm looking for info on getting it to run in the Delorean. I'm located in Mass. Anyone nearby?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Reinsch View Post
    Hello and welcome all!

I'm Marek, electrical engineer working in automotive industry in UK. DeLorean enthusiast for over 15 years. This affection actually decided about my career (it was a destiny!).
    After attending few meetings over years and helping friend fixing his DeLorean I finally got money saved to buy my D and start restoring it (that money is also secured). My garage is fully equipped and some restoration including designing, welding and fabricating new parts done.
    I'm looking for project car or rather a donor car. I'm planning to fit newer version of PRV with EFI and refresh interior (electric seats, new gauges). I'm quite sure you are all tired of people looking for project cars, but I'm qualified and been planning this for last 10 years I don't want working car as it would be shame to modify it drastically. I need the one that I can save from being sold for parts and help to reborn as better DeLorean. I'm only not interested in ones after fire or serious accidents.
    I do work in R&D where we design cars,so please do not ignore my posts in this forum as I'm not a dreamer, I'm a doer!

Cheers!
    Good luck in your search Marek. I'm sure you have checked out Beverley Hills Motor Club in Cali. They usually have a selection of "project cars" that might work for you, and they are familiar with shipping to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiterbandit View Post
    Hello, My name is Brian and I just bought a 1981 DMC-12. The car appeared to be in amazing shape. As I dig through it it still needs a lot. The motor was in pieces. Missing valve covers, oil pan intake tubes. Probably more but I gave up and bought a 3.0 1991 Eagle Premier motor. Now I'm looking for info on getting it to run in the Delorean. I'm located in Mass. Anyone nearby?
    Congrats Brian. Any pics?

You mentioned in another thread that your VIN may be 7599. Could you recheck that, as 81 VINs stopped at 7199. It can be useful to add the VIN to your avatar in most case, though if you are doing an engine swap it may be of less use.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10379

I'm Tim

Actually, I'm just looking to get up to the "20-post-threshold" because I'm selling my car.

I've owned 10379 since 2006, had it registered in Kansas, and twice in Washington. I put more than half of the miles on it. Driven it to 3 Presidential Libraries, over the Cascade mountains, and through a California Redwood.

Hi Tim. How come you're selling?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10379

I bought it 11 years ago, and life circumstances have changed. I really can't justify the time and expense of keeping it up. I don't get it out on the road very much, and I'm hoping to put it into a down payment for my house.

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast