FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hudson View Post
    Sorry I've never been on a board before so bear with me, My name is Ken Hudson and 3 years ago I bought 4606 with the intention of swapping a 3.0 and making it a California smog legal car. Well as of Yesterday the Referee informed me that I have the first and only Ca smog/BAR certified Delorean engine swap. I went with my friend Tyler of Deloreans San Diego. He has a stage 2, 2.8 and said mine was quite a different experience worth the effort to convert. He recommended I share my work with others so here I am, anyone interested please tell me where to post my work as it looks like most subjects are 6 or so years old. Short version: I used a Eagle Premier donor, built a new reluctor and mounted on crank pulley along with trigger, kept factory computer, injection and ignition along with all computer assisted sensors, relocated EGR tube to behind the cat and used 2.8 exh manifolds with factory stove box, relocated alternator, water tank, installed thermostatically controlled air box ( smog requirement) in water tank stock position, bottom end of 2.8 and a ton of little things. all said and done I'd do it again as I'm quite happy with the results. Once again I'm sorry if it's the wrong place for this... Ken

...the Custom DeLoreans-Mods or How-To Guides sections (depending on detail) would probably be your best bet to share in.
    Looking forward to it!

Talking Soon to be DeLorean Owner (Hopefully) :)

My name is Lee and I'm from the Tampa, FL area. I've loved DeLoreans since I was 5 years old and saw the car in Back to the Future. Ever since then it's been a life goal of mine to own one. Yesterday I put down a deposit to purchase a 1981 DeLorean 5-Speed with a Grey interior, Grooved hood (no gas flap) and if all goes well I should be the proud owner of it next week!! I'm very excited to join your community and I will quickly become an active member on the forums. The car I'm looking to purchase is mechanically sound, but definitely needs some interior work so I will be searching the forums on a daily basis and asking a lot of questions.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome and congrats on your purchase

Of course, people will want to see lotsa pictures....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Awesome! Congratulations on it. I'm around 20 minutes west of Tampa in Seminole/St Pete area. Good to have another owner close by. Let me know if there is any work you need help with and I'd be glad to help. I've had mine for 16+ years now, I guess time flies!

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith View Post
    My name is Lee and I'm from the Tampa, FL area. I've loved DeLoreans since I was 5 years old and saw the car in Back to the Future. Ever since then it's been a life goal of mine to own one. Yesterday I put down a deposit to purchase a 1981 DeLorean 5-Speed with a Grey interior, Grooved hood (no gas flap) and if all goes well I should be the proud owner of it next week!! I'm very excited to join your community and I will quickly become an active member on the forums. The car I'm looking to purchase is mechanically sound, but definitely needs some interior work so I will be searching the forums on a daily basis and asking a lot of questions.
    Last edited by dn010; 11-08-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Awesome! Congratulations on it. I'm around 20 minutes west of Tampa in Seminole/St Pete area. Good to have another owner close by. Let me know if there is any work you need help with and I'd be glad to help. I've had mine for 16+ years now, I guess time flies!
    Dan, that is awfully nice of you, but you may regret telling me that ;-). I will definitely keep you in mind as a resource since I will need all the help I can get. I'm actually in Riverview and I know there are 4 more in the area because I've been told by friends that attend cars and coffee that they have seen them there together. Not sure who they are yet though.

Congrats on the purchase! I am up in Gainesville right now but will be moving to Tampa in early 2019. It looks like there are a few of us that are / will be in the area and we should meet up at some point!

Mark

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My name is Lee and I'm from the Tampa, FL area. Yesterday I put down a deposit to purchase a 1981 DeLorean 5-Speed with a Grey interior, Grooved hood (no gas flap)
    Congrats Lee! Welcome to the 'club'

When you get the details, fill out the DeLorean Census - www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/census

My VIN:    <2000

Hi Lee. Congratulations on finding a car and good luck on the rest of the purchase.

While browsing the forum, you can check out the Florida club sub-forum here: http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?...-Florida-(DCF)

Cheers,
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Congrats Lee! Welcome to the 'club'

When you get the details, fill out the DeLorean Census - www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/census
    Dave, Will do! So far, everything is going smoothly but until the papers are signed and the car is in my driveway I don't consider anything final!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Another owner to be in Tampa? Awesome! I'm happy to hear it. Same offer, if you need any help with anything let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I am up in Gainesville right now but will be moving to Tampa in early 2019. It looks like there are a few of us that are / will be in the area and we should meet up at some point!

Mark
    -----Dan B.

Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast