FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

My VIN:    5483

Quote Originally Posted by PotooBrigham View Post
    My name's Brigham, I go under a few different aliases on the web due to my multiple skills of animation, graphic design, music production; and after years of saving up and thorough lurking, I've finally achieved my dream of owning one of my favorite cars, VIN 05818. Only had her for a few days, and I haven't lessened the grin on my face since.
    I'll be around to ask questions about making sure she stays in tip-top shape, and to enjoy the presence of fellow enthusiasts.
    Welcome! Is guitarlamp.com your business, or the previous owner's?

My VIN:    05818

Quote Originally Posted by JavaRacer View Post
    Welcome! Is guitarlamp.com your business, or the previous owner's?
    Previous owner's, I gotta get those stickers replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Congrats and welcome
    Likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by PotooBrigham View Post
    Previous owner's, I gotta get those stickers replaced.
    Glass cleaner and a razor blade. Use the glass cleaner to lube the area you are scraping. The razor blade won't scratch the glass as long as you keep it flat (like shaving). If there's residue left over, you can use Goo Gone or vinegar.

Link to YouTube Sticker Removal
    Last edited by JavaRacer; 06-08-2021 at 07:26 AM.

(Re)Introduction

Hello DMCTalk! I’m James – I’ve owned vin 4009 since 2002. I used to to participate in DMCNews a little – but had been away from the DeLorean hobby for 5+ years until getting back into it around 2 years ago. I have been lurking in DMCTalk for a few months now and wanted to say hello. I’ve reached out to some old DMC buddies from Michigan and Ohio and am looking forward to getting together soon. I’ll likely remain mostly a lurker - I’ve benefitted a ton over the years from the DeLorean online community so the least I can do is (re)introduce myself.

In the 5 years away, I was living in Detroit and kept my car outside of the city. I drove it much more rarely. I moved back to Ann Arbor 2 years ago and now I live with the car again. This has reignited my interest! I began doing some small projects myself and had some work done recently at both Bauerle Automotive and DeLorean Industries. (I intend on posting a review of the DeLorean Industries products and work soon, after I’ve put some more miles on them)
    During my stewardship of 4009, I’ve also have had major work done with PJ Grady and DMC Midwest. I’ve bought parts from DMC Houston, John Hervey, and DeLoreanGo.

I’ve grown up with this car. I was 19 in 2002. 4009 is the second DeLorean I’ve owned. I also briefly owned 1697. That car was wrecked in mid 2002. Although I was an idiot teenager who had no business driving a DeLorean, the wreck was not my fault – for whatever that’s worth. I remained an idiot teenager/twenty-something when I bought 4009. I’ve made mistakes, learned a ton, accomplished some cool projects, and nodded along to my share of flux capacitor jokes. I’ve met people, poured over every minute difference in our cars, driven across states, and stared at my car with friends over beers for hours. My DeLorean has been a constant across changing careers, homes, and lovers.

I appreciate the varied nature of this community. I have my own tastes and thoughts about what is “right” for a DeLorean – but monster trucks, Kia engines, and time machines are at least interesting. We’ve always had our share of arrogance and infighting, but we’ve also got a bunch of people willing to let kids sit in our prized possessions for a memorable picture they’ll tell all their friends about. For every shade-tree crack-pot on here, there’s another real expert willing to offer crucial help. And there’s everyone inbetween!

To members and mods, thanks for making this place what it is!

Anyways, I wanted to say hello and introduce myself and I think I've done that!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by deloreandmcxii View Post
    Hello DMCTalk! I’m James – I’ve owned vin 4009 since 2002. I used to to participate in DMCNews a little – but had been away from the DeLorean hobby for 5+ years until getting back into it around 2 years ago. I have been lurking in DMCTalk for a few months now and wanted to say hello. I’ve reached out to some old DMC buddies from Michigan and Ohio and am looking forward to getting together soon. I’ll likely remain mostly a lurker - I’ve benefitted a ton over the years from the DeLorean online community so the least I can do is (re)introduce myself.

In the 5 years away, I was living in Detroit and kept my car outside of the city. I drove it much more rarely. I moved back to Ann Arbor 2 years ago and now I live with the car again. This has reignited my interest! I began doing some small projects myself and had some work done recently at both Bauerle Automotive and DeLorean Industries. (I intend on posting a review of the DeLorean Industries products and work soon, after I’ve put some more miles on them)
    During my stewardship of 4009, I’ve also have had major work done with PJ Grady and DMC Midwest. I’ve bought parts from DMC Houston, John Hervey, and DeLoreanGo.

I’ve grown up with this car. I was 19 in 2002. 4009 is the second DeLorean I’ve owned. I also briefly owned 1697. That car was wrecked in mid 2002. Although I was an idiot teenager who had no business driving a DeLorean, the wreck was not my fault – for whatever that’s worth. I remained an idiot teenager/twenty-something when I bought 4009. I’ve made mistakes, learned a ton, accomplished some cool projects, and nodded along to my share of flux capacitor jokes. I’ve met people, poured over every minute difference in our cars, driven across states, and stared at my car with friends over beers for hours. My DeLorean has been a constant across changing careers, homes, and lovers.

I appreciate the varied nature of this community. I have my own tastes and thoughts about what is “right” for a DeLorean – but monster trucks, Kia engines, and time machines are at least interesting. We’ve always had our share of arrogance and infighting, but we’ve also got a bunch of people willing to let kids sit in our prized possessions for a memorable picture they’ll tell all their friends about. For every shade-tree crack-pot on here, there’s another real expert willing to offer crucial help. And there’s everyone inbetween!

To members and mods, thanks for making this place what it is!

Hi James,

Glad that you find a DeLorean Monster Truck interesting, and if you would like to see it and several dozen more DeLoreans in person,
    you may want to attend the DeLorean 40th Birthday Bash next month in Crystal Lake, IL (about 4 blocks away from DMC Midwest).
    Zachary DeLorean will be attending this event in person (his first DeLorean event), so if you want to meet Zachary, plan to attend.
    DMC Midwest is having their Open House event the day after the Birthday Bash, so it's really like a two for one DeLorean event week.

If you cannot make the Birthday Bash or the Open House (or you just need to get another DeLorean fix this Summer) plan to attend
    the Woodward Dream Cruise - DeLorean 40th Anniversary event the following weekend, just outside Detroit, MI. There will be three
    or four DeLorean Clubs in attendance and we have parking spaces Reserved at Desmond Funeral Home on Woodward Ave, which is
    the location where JZD's wake was back in March 2005. Contact Byron from the DeLorean Motor City Club on their FaceBook page.

Hope to see you at one or more of these events this Summer.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by deloreandmcxii View Post
    Absolutely!

My VIN:    TBD - Purchasing by Fall 2022

Club(s):   (DCF)

Cool New Guy!

Hey all,

This is my very first post. I just joined (thanks, Tamir) & looking to network before buying a car this autumn.
    Airline pilot here. Miami / Fort Lauderdale is home, but I'm all over the place for work.
    Hope to make some great connections here, as well as learn from and contribute to this wonderful community.

Thanks for having me!
    -Eddie

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welcome to the funny farm
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon